Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

what's the purpose: horse capacity?

phatbandit
phatbandit
✭✭✭
hello everyone!

so, it seems fairly to be common knowledge around the place that one should only bother with speed for horses, with perhaps a little stamina (though u do get some for starters anyway). but why include capacity? if it's been put into the game it must have some sort of purpose, right?

i just don't get what good extra capacity does when it's only when ur riding the horse, if u gotta get off the horse to collect stuff anyway? u can't overfill ur inventory like skyrim then get on a horse and use the horses capacity extra capacity - because u just can't collect more stuff at all once the inventory slots are maxed out, meaning u will never be able to use 1 point of this extra horse capacity!

are any dev's reading this? why was this added? how was this intended to be a useful feature? it seems to have no purpose...

am i missing something here?

Best Answers

• Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not only when your riding your horse. Each point of capacity on your horse is 1 more slot for you. As long as you don't go to the stable and exchange that horse out for a different one (if/when you have more than 1).
    Edited by Seraseth on April 8, 2014 11:23PM
    Answer ✓
  • DotAwkward
    The extra bag slot that you get when you upgrade the capacity on the horse remains when you get off the horse.
    Answer ✓
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is actually pretty nice. I had no idea what it was, so I clicked it to see. I was looking around and couldn't see anything on the horse that indicated how much it could hold. Then I was looking at my inventory later and I could hold 81 items, I was like where the heck did I get that +1 inventory, and can I get it again... then it dawned on me that is probably the capacity add from the horse. I was sad to see I still needed to wait 16 hours to get another.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • phatbandit
    phatbandit
    ✭✭✭
    ahhhh, i tried this days ago and did not get anything, but yes, i just tried it again and it works when u get off the horse! hurrah! it is useful!!!