Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Werewolf Help Please! I'm Confused :/

bluesodafizz
bluesodafizz
✭✭✭
Can any old werewolf I find turn me into a werewolf or is it just certain ones? If it's only certain ones, then which ones? How can I tell the difference? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. I've been reading all kinds of conflicting information on this through google and reddit.

(Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I searched and didn't see anything asking this specific question though.)
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Can any old werewolf I find turn me into a werewolf
    No. And the ones that can are high level and only appear at specific time. You won't really have the option for this till you are at least in your 30s or 40s.

No lower level werewolves have any chance of infecting you at all.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    No its limited to 6 specific spots in the game in high level zones. And happens at the full moon. Of course. There are several excellent guides to how to become a werewolf in the guides forum and no you don't have to wait until high level though you are likely to have a better chance of surviving to become one if you re 20+ level and have friends.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't easy and Im still not sure if the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.
    It has to be night in the game, and a full moon, and you have to encounter the werewolf near a ritual site, I believe it is Rift if you are Ebonheart, reaper's Marsh if you are Aldmeri and Bangkorai (east of Stormhaven) for Daggerfall, and as previous posters have said, is a high level quest so you will need to level up yourself first or it will just get frustrating