Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where is the appropriate board...

Brank
Brank
✭✭✭
Where is the appropriate board to suggest that we need more specific discussion boards on the ESO forums? such as:

Developer comments and suggestions (this one is more of a comfot forum, not that anyone would expect the devs to actively monitor or heed the content contained therein, but it just gives people with ideas or frustration an outlet so their not spamming inappropriate forums.)

Trade forum (not crafting, for commerce. This could help with the zone chat being bogged down with WTS-WTB spam, especially because there is no public auction house)

Alliance specific forums (for meet and greets aswell as RP and alliance culture to bloom) - already have one

Campain specific forums (not just one board for all campaigns, but a board for each active campaign)

General Any Topic (to send topics that really don't belong anywhere, without outright locking or deleting them)

Thoughts? And again, to the root of this topic, where is the appropriate place to post this thead??

*Edited for spelling, because a roof is very different to a root :)
Edited by Brank on April 9, 2014 6:39AM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing it with in-game feedback function, since we know they look at that.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    I've been doing it with in-game feedback function, since we know they look at that.

Not only that, you can't get trolled by using /feedback to speak your mind.

Aside from that, try these:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-pve-content

Hope that helps.

Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 8, 2014 9:00PM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    LL the problem is that if you post your suggestion on a forum for everyone to read then your going to get everyone's opinion about your idea. And most people don't actually want any feedback but the devs. Which is why /feedback is the best place for suggestions and the like. Unless you are soliciting other peoples opinions.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    We do actually already have an alliance specific discussion board. It's under Game Discussion > PVE Content.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Strigoimare
    I frankly have no problem with reading other people's feedback. It helps sort out issues that might have gone unnoticed, and we can also chip in. I don't understand the hate around suggestions.

And people also should stop assuming that those who post feedback on the forums don't do so at /feedback.
  • Brank
    Brank
    ✭✭✭
    And people also should stop assuming that those who post feedback on the forums don't do so at /feedback.

Agreed, and /feedback is (to point out the obvious) a one way communication. Yes it is an effective way of alerting the Devs to one's opinions, suggestions, complaints, etc, but there is no discussion involved. If you don't want someone to respond to the things you say, a discussion forum isn't the place for you.

No one is being forced to use it, it would just be nice if there was a diverse official forum, so people can post specific topics to a specific audience, and aren't spread out between, or have to monitor several different ESO forum websites.