The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Help with sorcer guide please!

odinswill
odinswill
Hello people,

I am looking to some guidance on Sorcerers.

I read somewhere it is possible to reach 48% crit chance. Firstly I would like to know HOW EXACTLY you can reach this type of %?

Second of all is a crit bassed sorcerer (with the heal 50% chance on crit) a viable build? This meaning you have a resto staff.

I honestly dont know where to go with my sorcerer, what to focus on. I feel the magicka cap is extremly low. Very easy to reach, in other words the full 50 points in HP seems pretty much "how it should be".

Any sort of input on how you have built your sorcerer and have found really good success in PVE and PVP would be really kind.

Regards to all.
  • Nightpulse
    Nightpulse
    ✭✭
    odinswill wrote: »
    Hello people,

I am looking to some guidance on Sorcerers.

I read somewhere it is possible to reach 48% crit chance. Firstly I would like to know HOW EXACTLY you can reach this type of %?

Second of all is a crit bassed sorcerer (with the heal 50% chance on crit) a viable build? This meaning you have a resto staff.

I honestly dont know where to go with my sorcerer, what to focus on. I feel the magicka cap is extremly low. Very easy to reach, in other words the full 50 points in HP seems pretty much "how it should be".

Any sort of input on how you have built your sorcerer and have found really good success in PVE and PVP would be really kind.

Regards to all.

You can reach quite a high spell crit rating from Inner Light, A mages guild ability which grants 20% crit, Second portion of crit comes from a light armour passive for 10 % crit. Crit from then on is gained from mostly jewellery enchants i think. Possibly alchemy crit potions too, though short term.

Second question, Yes. I'm currently playing one and it ploughs through mobs with ease in a matter of seconds, packs of 4 or even 6 mobs are no problem for this build regarding if the pull is right. Single target packs a punch, though is quite heavy on magicka, this is made up for with the heavy resto staff attack granting 10% magicka at the end of the attack. Magicka gain gets easier when you get spell symmetry from the mages guild or dark exchange, though the latter spell you're rooted for 3-4 seconds. Also helps to have the Rapid Regeneration skill for levelling to level up the restoration skill faster. Also grab the Mage Mundus stone when you come across it.

Here's the build i've currently planned and working towards, just need spell symmetry to finish it. http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#cMzXveNNgI8NUVF8A4fp8AIUM8A4hI8NUoE8hMZD8AIQH8A4fp8AIUM8A4hI8NUoE8L7JcdoQr6MdoQC6MdoQF6MdoQJ6MdoQK8e7HraqS8v7pMhx0n8H7DLzwc6LbHm6MNieh6MNieA6MNieT8J7xrziD6LziY6MNUIz8K7Jrkg6Lzuj6MANRQ6MANRU6MANRW6MANRZ8O7ardeC6rdeF6zAZqS6MA3FN6MA3FA6MA3FL6MA4Cb8P7ccLncn8zc7pcgePB6zgeXm6cgeXA6cgeYc8zf7MMDVRH8zA7asKpUN6cKTzj6cKTkc6cKTko6cKTks6cKTkb8zL7asK4EX6cK4PZ6cK4YF6cK4YK6cK4YQ6cK4YW

I've currently gone 25 Magicka and rest in health for levelling and it works reasonably well, Though for level 50 content, go with 49 Health / 0 Magicka / 0 Stamina. Health is a major factor for this build and the armour/passives should put you very high in Magicka already so there is no need to give up the extra 700ish health.
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the answers to your questions can be found in this reply I made on these forums. The crit rate is addressed:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/596818/#Comment_596818