Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Let's be real - PULSAR is overpowered

joejccva71b14_ESO
I know this might upset some people but the destruction staff skill PULSAR is so overpowered that it's classic. I myself use it and don't want to see it nerfed because it owns, but let's be honest.

When you have 30 players in a large raid run around spamming it because they've all caught on to how good it is, and they barely use any other skills, then you know something is definitely wrong.

I hate to be the one to make this post, but this skill needs to be toned down a bit. It's way over the top.
  • Mantiss
    Mantiss
    Haha, in PvP and PVE you see folks spamming it. Seems the Destruction staff line in general scales a bit too well, a lot of AoE that does equal to or greater damage than single target. Pulsar is easily the worst offender though as I see people running through the open-world group dungeons just spamming that making even that content at equal level trivial.
    Most every skill line I've seen to date is pretty balanced I agree that Pulsar needs a serious rework before that becomes the only ability in PvP/PvE.
    Options
  • joejccva71b14_ESO
    Yep agreed.
    Options
  • GamePlayer7
    I haven't tried Destro staff myself, but from what I've seen and read, Pulsar seems almost mandatory to be competitive in this game.

I was reading a post from a tank in a progression guild, he said everyone in the guild was required to have a Destro staff+Pulsar. For any pack larger than 3 mobs, everyone in his group just repeatedly spams Pulsar until the mobs fall over.
    Options
  • joejccva71b14_ESO
    Proteus7 wrote: »
    I haven't tried Destro staff myself, but from what I've seen and read, Pulsar seems almost mandatory to be competitive in this game.

I was reading a post from a tank in a progression guild, he said everyone in the guild was required to have a Destro staff+Pulsar. For any pack larger than 3 mobs, everyone in his group just repeatedly spams Pulsar until the mobs fall over.

Yea alot of my friends have dropped all other weapons besides destro staff and resto staff for heals. It's now the STAPLE of both PvE and PvP combat.
    Options
  • Vampiresbane
    Vampiresbane
    ✭✭
    You guys are missing out on more flexibility within your group. You really only need 1, maybe 2 players out of the 4 man group with it. It's an area effect spell so you're covered as long as your guy casting it uses it in range of multiple targets.
    Options
  • Semel
    Semel
    ✭✭
    Duh its not overpowered. It's just almost all other destro staff abilities are not good.

Get over it
    Edited by Semel on April 9, 2014 11:41AM
    Options
  • joejccva71b14_ESO
    Semel wrote: »
    Duh its not overpowered. It's just almost all other destro staff abilities are not good.

Get over it

Nonsense. When I see players using ONLY pulsar in pvp and not use any other abilities? Good attempt at defending this overpowered skill. Don't worry, it will get nerfed soon.
    Edited by joejccva71b14_ESO on April 9, 2014 3:09PM
    Options
  • Semel
    Semel
    ✭✭
    If you have no bloody idea how to counter that it's your own problem, is it not? . And players spamming pulsar in PVP are bad players coz they can get easily their asses kicked lol

Oh, and btw it is not my skill at all.

I am not worried. Why would I worry about someone with a nerfed brain functionality saying some nonsense?
    Edited by Semel on April 9, 2014 1:33PM
    Options
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's try to seperate fact from fiction here and put things in perspective.

It is possible to AoE heal for much, much higher numbers than any AoE damage spell can produce. At VR 10, you have AoE heals critting for 800-1000.

At same level, you will have single target abilities critting for 800-1200 damage, too.

Good luck trying to get those numbers from any AoE damage spell.

Take if from someone who has played many VR character during closed beta, impulse is at a very good place right now. Besides, if we don't have some half-decent AoEs to break up mindless zergs that is exactly what this game will become, a mindless zerg.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
    Options