The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Jewelery

Rizzit
Rizzit
✭✭
I will quote a passage here from someone else:
you can only apply magicka, health, and stamina enchants to armor slots. While jewelry is loaded with a full arsenal of enchants from a variety of spell resistances, weapon/spell damage, armor, potions, shields, and all 3 regen stats. I cannot emphasize enough how much this confuses me. It seems completely contradictory to the overcharging system that the 7 slots of gear can only be given a variety of 3 enchants while the 3 slots of jewelry can be given (educated guess) a variety of 14 enchants. Hopefully I am horribly mistaken. I believe this contradicts overcharging because it prevents players from diversifying their stats.

And now we add the fact that:

-You can't enchant any Set Items,

80Mfm.jpg

-You can't enchant any Boss Drops:

80Mjt.jpg

-You can't enchant any Quest Rewards:

80MrN.jpg

The only thing you actually can enchant is this:

80MtM.jpg

I cannot emphasize enough how much this confuses me.
Pack Leader of "Werewolves"
  • Stienbjorn
    You can't enchant those items because they already have enchants on then. If you notice the boss drop already has Robust on it, which adds stamina, and the quest reward also has Robust on it, you know the + stamina. Not sure what is confusing here.

The only argument I can see to be made here is you can not tailor those items to your specific needs by overwriting the enchant that is placed on them. However, unless I am misremembering something, you could not overwrite enchants on items any Elder Scrolls game. I would however agree that maybe they should allow it in this game, since as you pointed out we are penalized when a stat goes to high, and in most cases that cap is pretty damn low.
  • Dubritski
    Dubritski
    Soul Shriven
    Robust is not an enchantment it is a trait
  • Rizzit
    Rizzit
    ✭✭
    Stienbjorn wrote: »
    You can't enchant those items because they already have enchants on then. If you notice the boss drop already has Robust on it, which adds stamina, and the quest reward also has Robust on it, you know the + stamina. Not sure what is confusing here.

You dont understand the post, read again please it has nothing to do with robust that is not an enchantment. Not sure where I mentioned traits in this post...
    Pack Leader of "Werewolves"
  • negatiiv
    negatiiv
    ✭✭
    I've overwritten a weapon enchantment on a blue sword I got from a CE treasure map chest. It used to say +8 shock damage, and that was overwritten with my damage shield weapon glyph. I agree that the restrictions on not being able to enchant most jewelry is very weird. I have a ton of runes but so little to use them on as I only have two weapons and a very limited supply of the only 3 runes which can be applied to 5 slots of armour.