Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Does anyone miss kill spam?

itsmalarky
There was something special about having a chat tab open (I'm thinking of DAOC specifically) that would broadcast kills in the world.

I loved getting a feel for the big "killers" in the PVP world, so that I'd feel extra special when I managed to take someone with some notoriety out.

Anyone know if this is something that could be added with an add-in?
Broban - Nord Skirmisher, of the Ebonheart Compact
Murder Inc. | Wabbajack
RIP
Malarky | 80 Ranger | Age of Conan
Markran| RR11 Scout | DAOC, Guinevere
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I'm aware of. Kill Log used to work but after the API nerf it wasn't possible to track that.
    Options
  • itsmalarky
    Bummer! I'd love a kill log. Maybe some day it'll work again.
    Murder Inc. | Wabbajack
    RIP
    Options
  • Helspyre
    Helspyre
    ✭✭
    Yes, I miss a lot of social PvP aspects the developers seem bent on eradicating from this game.
    CITADEL
    A small sized, West Coast, RvR guild.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    www.citadelguild.com
    Options
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Comming primary from daoc pvp, I am mixed; in a way I miss it, and at the same time it is good its not here...
    Options
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for the guild tabards and insignia to come out, it will be a good step towards "accountability" :) Just imagine "***, they're wearing black and red, it must be the Mad Dogs - everybody run!"
    Honor is a dead man's code.
    Options
  • itsmalarky
    Very true. That should be pretty cool!
    Murder Inc. | Wabbajack
    RIP
    Options
  • Smoey
    Smoey
    I miss it simply due to the fact you never know who has killed who or even if you have killed someone. With so many people jumping in to help you have no idea who has killed anyone. I'd love a kill log of some king and I think it's rather primitive to not have one after all of this effort has been put into PVP.
    Options
  • Vauleen
    Vauleen
    It would be nice to see one again. To know who you kill and who kills you. It really adds to the rivalries that can be developed in the game. Which in turn makes people want to be in the lakes more.
    Driders Officer
    DridersDen.com
    Options
  • itsmalarky
    Vauleen wrote: »
    It really adds to the rivalries that can be developed in the game. Which in turn makes people want to be in the lakes more.

Precisely this! I love the rivalries that pop up. Even if the API allowed something to give you some sort of kill log, it would make for some awesome vendettas.
    Murder Inc. | Wabbajack
    RIP
    Options
  • Helspyre
    Helspyre
    ✭✭
    Anyone remember the Little Black Book add-on for Warhammer? It kept track of everyone you killed or who killed you and the number of kills/deaths between you. Loved having that.
    CITADEL
    A small sized, West Coast, RvR guild.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    www.citadelguild.com
    Options
  • itsmalarky
    Helspyre wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Little Black Book add-on for Warhammer? It kept track of everyone you killed or who killed you and the number of kills/deaths between you. Loved having that.

I remember that, It was very nice. Would love something like it for TESO.
    Murder Inc. | Wabbajack
    RIP
    Options
  • Visur
    Visur
    Hi,

I'm the author of the Kill Log add-on. Sadly Zenimax removed every function/event in the API we need for a kill log, so for the moment it's impossible to have a nice kill spam. :'(

But if Zenimax change his mind, and bring back the goods events in the API, I will be very happy to continue my work on this add-on.
    Options
  • itsmalarky
    Visur wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm the author of the Kill Log add-on. Sadly Zenimax removed every function/event in the API we need for a kill log, so for the moment it's impossible to have a nice kill spam. :'(

But if Zenimax change his mind, and bring back the goods events in the API, I will be very happy to continue my work on this add-on.

Awesome! Fingers crossed that they open that part of the api back, then. i'd love to see this......any other good add-on's you're working on?
    Murder Inc. | Wabbajack
    RIP
    Options
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne
    Soul Shriven
    I would love to see DAoC style kill spam back. It gives the champions if each alliance their moment of glory, it gives the easy of us fair warning when one of those bad-ass champions is in the area, and it gives the jokers a reason to pick character names like "Scrofula" and "Incompetence" because we all get a good chuckle out of a zone wide message that "xLegolasx was killed by Incompetence" :D
    Options
  • Elaithe
    Elaithe
    ✭✭✭
    But guys, kill spam ruins our immersion!
    Options
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    I'd give the above poster's left nut for a good kill spam/log addon.
    Options