Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to change your forum username?

ShadowWolf613
ShadowWolf613
✭✭✭
Lol When I go to edit profile it wont let me change it. Is there a requirement that must be met to change it?
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    It used to be easy. They made some changes to the forums which gives people some problems.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ok I see
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    I have contacted the customer support via this website for this cos changing from the temporary forums here automatically changed my forum name for whatever reason -.- hopefully gonna get answer back soon, cos damnit :expressionless:
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are able to change your userID through customer support. It is currently a delayed progress because so many people are putting in requests. They have had to set aside a dedicated team that is doing nothing but changing usernames.

Contact them requesting a change, provide them with your top five choices for new userID (in case some are already taken), they verify your account for security, then you are essentially in the waiting list for it to be done.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok thanks.

No problem. And be forewarned, it is a "waiting list" in every sense of the term. Every Beta player + many newer players are all requesting userID changes at the same time. Enough that they had to create a dedicated team to take care of it. It will be a process.
    Edited by Vikova on April 8, 2014 1:36PM
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really too worried about changing my forum name if there is a list. I'll just wait till the work on a fix or what not.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really too worried about changing my forum name if there is a list. I'll just wait till the work on a fix or what not.

That being said, I have had them contact me and verify my account. So waiting list doesn't mean being ignored, per se. It just means I've been going on 72 hours waiting for my userID change. And when I talked to him, he did warn me that patience will be required because they are getting an unbelievable amount of requests.
  • Gweniver
    Gweniver
    Soul Shriven
    My username and @ name request only took 24hours, I was either lucky or they are getting caught up on these type of requests.
    Edited by Gweniver on April 8, 2014 9:29PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gweniver wrote: »
    My username and @ name request only took 24hours, I was either lucky or they are getting caught up on these type of requests.

Either you are lucky, or I am unlucky. :(
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting since they converted over from beta forums, since I was one of the many whose name was changed by the system at that time. On another post, they responded that "they were looking into it," but I've heard nothing back on it. I've also posted two support requests, also no response.

I'll just wait (mostly) patiently and have this annoying username in the meantime. :)
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's odd you didn't get responses. I've gotten responses, but no ETA on when it will get done. They just stated that they have a huge number of requests and it will be a long process to get them all done.