Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

MY TESO concerns

recsa1b16_ESO
First of all, im loving the game so far.

I will say it again, so far, im loving the game.

But, i see some issues that should be adressed, this are MY issues, and for others they may be OK as they are, np with that, so please refrain from replying "i like them the way they are".

1- Storage space: with so many crafting skills, trophies and actually useful items, i find the so limited inventory and account shared bank way too low on capacity. I find myself runing back to town way too often just to sell/store items. It has become an annoyance that pulls my enjoyment away.

Solution: increased inventory and bank space AND a different "bag" for crafting materials.

2- Info on overflow server: Minor concern here, since i assume soon we will say good bye to overflow server for ever, but meanwhile, i would appreciate some clear info

Solution: Give s clear messages like "You are on an overflow server, guild and friends features are disabled" and "you are now ready to enter live server, you will be ported in your next zone change"

3- Overnerfed addons API: Im all for controlling the amount of data available to the addons, i dont want 'auto-play' addons in WoW style, but being able to clearly see my own buffs and debuffs and debuffs i put on enemy NPCs is soemthing vital to fully enjoy the combat.

Solution: Make self buffs and debuffs remaining time available again, make NPCs buffs and debuffs available again, let ENEMY PLAYER buffs and debuffs hiden. This way we keep PvP in a fair ground while allowing for a more comprehensive PvE

Thx for reading.
Edited by recsa1b16_ESO on April 8, 2014 9:19AM
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) I can agree with this.
    2) I can also agree with this.
    3) This horse has been dead and buried. Please don't dig it up again.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • recsa1b16_ESO
    3) This horse has been dead and buried. Please don't dig it up again.

He should have never been killed, at least not in a such violent way, if we dont fix it his spirit will come back and bury us in the form of people getting frustrated with the "dark" play style.

• ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3) foundry tactical combat

It's not perfect yet because it sometime loses debuffs on the target, but I can live pretty good with it at the moment.
  • recsa1b16_ESO
    No addon can track short term buffs and debuffs, that info is just out of the API now
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    The storage issue is intended to handled with alts -- with 7 alts and 1 main, you have 420 slots plus the bank, which should be enough for most people. If you want to level several alts at once, then you will have an issue I think.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The storage issue is intended to handled with alts -- with 7 alts and 1 main, you have 420 slots plus the bank, which should be enough for most people. If you want to level several alts at once, then you will have an issue I think.

That's a rather short-sighted 'fix'. I have 8 characters right now ( mostly to reserve names, only 3 are 'active' ) but no one should be -required- to make alts just to store items.

Crafting bags / inventory would go a long way to resolving the issue without forcing people to make more and more alts, which leads to scarcity of good names and proliferation of truly horrid ones.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because character names are a rational argument against alts.
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »

That's a rather short-sighted 'fix'. I have 8 characters right now ( mostly to reserve names, only 3 are 'active' ) but no one should be -required- to make alts just to store items.

Crafting bags / inventory would go a long way to resolving the issue without forcing people to make more and more alts, which leads to scarcity of good names and proliferation of truly horrid ones.

See, I think what they want is for players to specialize, and not try to do everything themselves -- either on one character or over many characters on one account. They want players to specialize and rely on other players in their guilds. So I don't think you're going to see the space increase significantly -- it goes against what they intend the players to do.

So, if you don't want to play that way, and want to do more (like I do), then you use alts as mules. Note that these are mules -- I never intend to play them and didn't spend any time with them other than clicking through as quickly as possible and running to the bank. You will never see their names, either, likely, because they are simply parked in the bank and don't do anything else.

It works for me, because I don't generally level a lot of alts -- only 1 or 2 characters per game. For people who want to level more than that, then, yes, this system is very difficult because of the storage cap. For each "active" character you have, you basically have less and less free storage, so it's a net loss. Still, I don't think they will change storage space. My guess is that it is a database size issue related to the megaserver.
    Edited by knightblaster on April 8, 2014 7:44PM
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No addon can track short term buffs and debuffs, that info is just out of the API now

But they can fake it pretty well. I believe this is what tactical foundry does.

Eventually, I think the company will realize that this addition by subtraction strategy they've been pushing isn't the way to go.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »

Eventually, I think the company will realize that this addition by subtraction strategy they've been pushing isn't the way to go.

Dead horse, baseball bat. Baseball bat, dead horse. Now that you two know each other, let's get down to business.

Please don't start in on this topic again. The decision has been made.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See, I think what they want is for players to specialize, and not try to do everything themselves -- either on one character or over many characters on one account. They want players to specialize and rely on other players in their guilds. So I don't think you're going to see the space increase significantly -- it goes against what they intend the players to do.

So, if you don't want to play that way, and want to do more (like I do), then you use alts as mules. Note that these are mules -- I never intend to play them and didn't spend any time with them other than clicking through as quickly as possible and running to the bank. You will never see their names, either, likely, because they are simply parked in the bank and don't do anything else.

It works for me, because I don't generally level a lot of alts -- only 1 or 2 characters per game. For people who want to level more than that, then, yes, this system is very difficult because of the storage cap. For each "active" character you have, you basically have less and less free storage, so it's a net loss. Still, I don't think they will change storage space. My guess is that it is a database size issue related to the megaserver.

My first character was a do-it-all crafter and I gave that up real quick. She's now a Woodworker only and gatherer. The only thing clogging up my bank are mats needed for crafting, racial components and stat gems. Oh, and enchanting runes and flowers. I try to leave about 10 - 20 slots empty to shuttle researchable items between toons to Laehl, Bru and R'za and pull them out to the specific crafter when possible and use them.
    Edited by Azzuria on April 8, 2014 7:50PM
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »

Dead horse, baseball bat. Baseball bat, dead horse. Now that you two know each other, let's get down to business.

Please don't start in on this topic again. The decision has been made.

Pfffft.

When they do make a functional ui, and they will, I won't say I told you so.

If they don't it will really hamper their ability to make difficult content. Unless the plan is to keep everything easy, which I suppose is a distinct possibility.
    Edited by Gohlar on April 8, 2014 7:53PM
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭

My first character was a do-it-all crafter and I gave that up real quick. She's now a Woodworker only and gatherer. The only thing clogging up my bank are mats needed for crafting, racial components and stat gems. Oh, and enchanting runes and flowers. I try to leave about 10 - 20 slots empty to shuttle researchable items between toons to Laehl, Bru and R'za and pull them out to the specific crafter when possible and use them.

Sounds like you've devised a good system for yourself, under the circumstances.

I find that enchanting, alchemy and provisioning are truly space hogs, and so my mules are mostly for those. The bank has my blacksmithing mats in it, plus (1) stuff I dump there until I distribute it to the relevant mule and (2) stuff dumped there by a mule for me to use in crafting. Generally at the end of the last session of the day, I spend a few minutes deconstructing, selling, and distributing to mules as appropriate in order to start the next session "clean" in terms of bank and bag on my main (not empty, but clean).

Of course, I too would prefer something like a huge, separate space for storing mats such that storage became a non-issue. I don't like having to play the alt mule shuffle to level more than one craft. But I just don't see this in the cards.

Edited by knightblaster on April 8, 2014 7:57PM