Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The cost of summoning

Mercutio_Montague
Well hello devs it's me again. I just realised something about your game. your cost of summoning is way way too high.

too summon bound armour, clanfear or harpy the cost is 488 mp each. Sure that's fine. expect it's not. it's 488mp +10% of you mp each time. As you level up the mp costs goes up and 10% worth of mp goes up.

Couple this with the fact that if you don't have your pets on each skill bar they die when you switch bars and you have a situation which I am finding you can't really swap between a no pet skill bar and a pet skill bar.

It's just too expensive.

what you could do is design the 10% mp cost like so. you mp will only recharge to 90% mp. meaning the 10% intial cost is dropped but you will never reach 100% max mp.

That's what I believe you intended. Atm even if i'm at 50% summoning anything will cost me 488mp + 10% of my mp regardless. That's just silly and a huge disadvantage to sorcs. Please fix this
Edited by Mercutio_Montague on April 8, 2014 5:49AM
  • spideyfk
    spideyfk
    As a "summoner" myself (a.k.a, using most of the summon skills along others), i have to be honest in saying i don't have any Magicka issues whatsoever. I am currently wearing 5 light armor pieces and of course, those passives are up-to-date. You can counter the "magicka summoning" drawback very easily with enchants or passives, for example. When i'm in a group with others i have two healing spells + summons. I just recently started using the Warlock set and it's is really rare (or bad played on my part) to be left without Magicka.
    I find it to be fine for me. Probably if you are not using light armor and therefore not having the advantage of those passives may be complicated. Same for enchantments.
    If possible, i would suggest for you to try to test another strategy. Of course, it may not be possible, depending on what you want to accomplish with your character :) .
  • ahampelb14_ESO
    I agree the cost is too expensive for the loss of the spell cost + 10% max mana + 1 bar slot. Pets are just not worth it. Clanfear needs a dash to get to the fight before it's over. Twilight needs to not die in 5 seconds.
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I not only think the cost of summoning is too darn high, but the dps of those pets is too darn low. Simply not worth it at this time. The only thing I "summon" is bound armor.
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Daenerys wrote: »
    I not only think the cost of summoning is too darn high, but the dps of those pets is too darn low. Simply not worth it at this time. The only thing I "summon" is bound armor.

Same here. Bound Armor is all I use since the others are not worth it really.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten far enough along to have found the summons underpowered yet, but I am very disturbed to read that the Daedra are banished if you switch hotbars. That seems like a really bad idea.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle