Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Pure melee build/warrior

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently, i have been trying Dragonknight, Nightblade and Templar to build my warrior. What troubles me with all the class abilities is, that they are really spells, not melee strikes. Every each one of those classes is really a some sort of battlemage.

I also tried only 2hander skills but then, i always run out of stamina as block an roll uses it a lot too. These skills also feel somewhat lacking in power when compared to class skills and second skill in that tree is just a charge and charge feels unrealistic, i often jusrt run to enemy and have a power attack swing, this feels good but lack of different melee strikes makes this a bit boring over time.

This brings me to conclusion. Which class has most melee abiölities with as litle magic effect as possible in your opinion?

Also, would any of you say, that there should have been a true warrior class from beginning? Does these classes feel battlemages to you as well?
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • alpinecruzereb17_ESO
    I mentioned my build in another post that works along your thinking. Im a 2h dk. I use mostly weapon skills and synergise them with the cc abilities of a dk. My character is basically designed to close distance with a target quickly and then kill them while they are on the floor using obsidian shard and uppercut to keep them down. Currently im finding it a blast.