Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Tanking vs. Dps solo content

Makoi
Makoi
So I reach level 31 as a dragon knight tank based character, reached skyrim, and then decided to head into a public dungeon in windhelm. What I noticed though was that a guy who was dual wield, heavy armor (atleast it looked heavy armor could be wrong on this), pretty much one or two shotted everything he got near, which ofcourse is fine and all - however I personally feel extremely gimped, when I engage a group, I am struggling a lot, not sure wether its because I am lacking AoE abilities because my skill line is one handed weapons and shields, but, not only do I kill a lot slower, but apparently due to my low dps, my survivability goes down... a lot - those with high dps and AoE abilities doesn't have to worry about their survivability at all it seems ?

I mean when you go into a group, press a few buttons, and everything just dies around you, obviously not much of a challenge, but as a tank, who's supposed to be taking a lot of punishment (sort of) having trouble with all of them, since I will have to block all the power attacks, and interupt everything that can be interupted, not much stamina is going to be left to kill the rest, with either abilities, or to keep myself alive by CC'ing and what not.

I don't mind that I can't kill everything fast with a one-handed shield skill lineup, I think thats fine, though for a tank, survivalability certainly sucks :/?