Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Finding Style Motifs

MaxBat
MaxBat
✭✭✭
So, in another post, I noted that I'd found 2 complete sets of the racial style motifs, plus several extras. I also noted that I gave the extras away - for free - because I'm getting tired of seeing people hawking them for a grand or more.

That post inspired a flurry of e-mails saying, "Hey, can I get ..." I'm happy to help in any way I can, but I've given all mine away that I'm not keeping. I find any more, I'll give them away, too.

But for now, I thought I'd tell you exactly how I found them. Hopefully, you'll find what you need by this simple process.

First, I have four characters (of my eight total). Two are in the AD and two are in the DC. When I log out of a game, I always make sure I'm close to the castle in DC or in the Manor (with the Bank) in AD. The Bank in AD has almost 10+ possible containers in it and there's a bedroom with several more right across the hallway.

Here's what I do:

When I log in for gameplay, I do a quick run through the castle or the manor looking in backpacks, dressers, end tables, closets, and so on. I grab everything. Then I stop at the bank and drop it off. I do this for each character. Takes like 10-15 minutes.

When I log off, I do the same thing. Just through the castle or manor. That's it.

Funny thing, if I find one motif, I keep looking because - based on my experience - I almost always find another. Sometime two more. But if I'm not finding anything, no matter how long I look, it seems as if I won't find any. Go figure, lecture me on random generation, if you wish, but that's how it has always worked for me.

Changing characters doesn't help, either. They're either there or they're not.

In a couple of days, I had like sixteen. I kept the ones I wanted, traded for a couple I didn't have, and bought one. I had to do something with my money. A couple of more days later, I had more than I needed. And, honestly, this is all I did.

Good luck and I hope you find what you need.
Edited by MaxBat on April 7, 2014 11:18PM
"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...