Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone else feel like Dark Anchors are too easy?

Rana1014
Rana1014
✭✭✭
I'm in Deshaan and I'm at the final dark anchor "Siltreen Dolmen" and does anyone else feel like they're too short and easy? (Primarily because there's around 15 players swarming them and enemies come down slowly)
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, when I first started the game, my brother and I tried to do one and got stomped. I remember thinking how awesome it was. Now though, it's just really easy. My brother and I can 2 man these things. Not to mention, there's always a big group at them so everything dies practically instantly.
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got mopped up until I was at least a level over what was spawning there, and I'm generally a very competent and capable player. Of course, there weren't 15 other players there when I was attempting it. (more like 5, with no heals).
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I can stay alive long enough to find out I'll let you know ;)
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They scale 2 to 4 players, if there is a lot of people they don't scale up, that's why
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    They scale 2 to 4 players, if there is a lot of people they don't scale up, that's why

I haven't heard that one yet. But if it is true and the devs read these forums I think they should consider slapping in the functionality to at least raise the monster health further if there are more people present at least for the top level zones because I see that becoming and issue once more people get to the higher level zones

• Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea they are fun with 3-5 players. With more, much too easy. And atm, seems you pretty much always get more. Especially even hgiher lvl (Eastmarch ones the mobs don't last more then 50 milliseconds.)

They just need to severely ramp up the difficulty dynamicly based on how many players are around. Lots more hp so the mobs dont instantly die, and perhaps a few more spawns would make them fun.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • katfiveknivesub17_ESO
    What I would like to know is the benefit of doing them. I have yet to get anything I am aware of as a reward. Maybe xp that I don't see? I certainly did not get any drops. Maybe I'm just unlucky?
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I would like to know is the benefit of doing them. I have yet to get anything I am aware of as a reward. Maybe xp that I don't see? I certainly did not get any drops. Maybe I'm just unlucky?

Few reasons:
    -Fighters guild skill line is leveled by doing them. (and by killing daedra, which they have plenty of)
    -They give some of the best xp there is, if your quick enough to tag every mob, and lots of players help. (110-250 a kill, x25-50 per achor, and you can keep doing them in a loop if you set it up right). Also a one-time only completion bonus of generally 2000-7000 depending on the level of it.
    -End boss has a good loot table. Rare named blues, purples. Lots of stuff can drop. If you got no loot, you either never hit the boss at all, or forgot to loot him. Or you did and have auto loot enabled, but no mods to aid you to see what you get, and thus never noticed.
    -Lots of achievements.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    -They give some of the best xp there is, if your quick enough to tag every mob, and lots of players help. (110-250 a kill, x25-50 per achor, and you can keep doing them in a loop if you set it up right). Also a one-time only completion bonus of generally 2000-7000 depending on the level of it.

I've heard via the in-game grapevine of certain guilds that level up their newcomers by taking them to an anchor and having them tag as many monsters as they can while the higher level guild members actually kill off the mob.

Don't know if it's true, but that's what I heard.

"Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...