Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need Help With DK

t.steve1991ub17_ESO
I am mainly a PvE solo and small group player. I need help with my DK I started. I prefer the big two handed weapons. I want decent damage (does not have to top any meters) and good durability. I have no idea what skills to take or where to put my attribute points. Looking for help.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    check out tamrielfoundry.com . Some great class builds there and a very solid site.
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best way to truly *learn* , as with anything, is through your own personal 'trial & error' . Heck, YOU may discover something about the Class that no one else would or has yet.

However, if you're not really in a patient sort of mood, or you're simply just looking for a bit of a 'nudge' into a smoother direction, your best bet (at this point) is to just do a quick Google search.

In the meantime, i found this for ya...

http://elderscrollsonline.info/dragon-knight

...Enjoy!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite 2 hander skills are critical charge (damage morph) and Reverse Slash (damage morph).

Arcane fighter and molten weapon give a pretty nice dot along searing strike.

I chose to fill my action bar with half magic skills, half stamina skills, so that I have ~twice the skill recovery and ~twice the skill pool. Using a magic skill lets my stamina pool recharge and likewise for when I use a stamina skill.

Keep Dragon blood handy, even if it's on your hot swap. That is about all you will need for survivability so long as you get your dps in quick.

Edited by Armitas on April 7, 2014 7:07PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Denssor
    Denssor
    ✭✭
    The Dragonic Power line as some good skills to help with durability. Razor Spikes and Dragon Blood are my favorites so far, and Inhale looks like it will be nice once I unlock it. I would get the Fiery Grip skill, to pull enemies towards you. It will allow you get get a few hits on an enemy before his friends show up to the fight. The ultimate Dragonknight Standard does some great damage as well as a boost to your defenses.

You will probably want to focus in medium armor for the stamina boost it gives. And with Razor spikes, you will still be close to (is not at) the soft cap for armor. For your weapon skills, Cleave is great skill for those times you fight more than one enemy. I'd also recommend Uppercut, as it will give you some CC to help either escape a fight, or render an enemy useless for a bit while you deal with the others.

For your Attribute Points, I would focus mostly in Stamina. I'd place a few into Health every now then, just to keep your health up a bit, and I would only place points into Magicka when you feel you are using your class skills (which is will be your main survivability skills) a lot. So perhaps a break down like: 1M/2H/3S. As you level up you may find that tweaking those ratios a bit will suit your needs better.

I run a similar DK build, but I use dual wield instead of 2 handed, and this works well for me.