Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is Ultimate Resource Supposed to Disappear Randomly?

Mustaklaki
Mustaklaki
✭✭
This has happened to me since early-access. I thought it was a feature, but after some testing it seems to be completely random. I'm thinking a bug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4C5rlvQukw
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Bug, definitely bug, report it.
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    RaZaddha wrote: »
    Bug, definitely bug, report it.

Where would I go about doing that? I see customer support, but I think that would be more related to account and billing issues.

• Ciedoc
    Ciedoc
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen this happen many times since beta and I figured it just wore off over time if you didn't use it. I have had full ultimate just fade away to nothing after a period of time not building it or using it...ie just running around or standing around. So not sure if its a bug or working as intended.
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    Ciedoc wrote: »
    I have seen this happen many times since beta and I figured it just wore off over time if you didn't use it. I have had full ultimate just fade away to nothing after a period of time not building it or using it...ie just running around or standing around. So not sure if its a bug or working as intended.

Now I'm even more confused! I hope it's a bug...
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope it's a bug. Otherwise it's a stupid game mechanic that needs to be axed.

What's even worse, if you "out-level" an enemy(s) by around 5+ your ultimate will NOT charge. Which is also blatantly stupid. Especially when I'm trying to do some veteran location by myself, where the" level 12" enemy boss is statistical level 25 or something.

You are actually GIMPED if you try to do [for example in my case] Banished Cells at level 20. Even though the level 12 enemies are actually level 24 stat-wise.

I do think it is "working as intended though." I charged up my ultimate in Grahtwood, then fast-traveled to Firsthold and then bee-lined it for Banished Cells. I managed to hold my fully charged ultimate throughout the dungeon, saving it for the final boss. But then the quest glitched. Spent around 5 minutes trying to reset the quest, no combat during all that time. Surely enough, when I checked again, my Ultimate ran out.

I personally think once you charge it, it should stay charged till you unleash it. And lose the level dependency too. There is no balance there. If I out-level an enemy, and want to go overkill, then let me. It makes NO difference. Other than gimping me against level 30 bosses disguised as "level 12."
    Edited by Lord_Hev on April 7, 2014 9:59PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    I've noticed that it also resets after entering a "safe area", mainly quest hub areas like little outposts, forts, and the main cities. Places with guards.

If this IS a balancing mechanic, I don't see the reason for it.
  • ldeneb16_ESO
    I assumed it degenerated naturally out of combat combat.

if its a bug then report it via /bug in-game.
    Common sense, so rare it's a God damn super power....
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    probably has some reasoning based in pvp, it bugs the heck out of me and has for the last 4 months.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    This last patch seems to have fixed /feedback in game. If you have any suggestions on revamping the system send it in. They pay people to read our in game feedback.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

What's even worse, if you "out-level" an enemy(s) by around 5+ your ultimate will NOT charge. Which is also blatantly stupid. Especially when I'm trying to do some veteran location by myself, where the" level 12" enemy boss is statistical level 25 or something.

You are actually GIMPED if you try to do [for example in my case] Banished Cells at level 20. Even though the level 12 enemies are actually level 24 stat-wise.

I do think it is "working as intended though." I charged up my ultimate in Grahtwood, then fast-traveled to Firsthold and then bee-lined it for Banished Cells. I managed to hold my fully charged ultimate throughout the dungeon, saving it for the final boss. But then the quest glitched. Spent around 5 minutes trying to reset the quest, no combat during all that time. Surely enough, when I checked again, my Ultimate ran out.

I personally think once you charge it, it should stay charged till you unleash it. And lose the level dependency too. There is no balance there. If I out-level an enemy, and want to go overkill, then let me. It makes NO difference. Other than gimping me against level 30 bosses disguised as "level 12."

I don't know whether what the OP described is intended, but I'm quite sure that the developers did not intend you to go back and solo group instances.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

I don't know whether what the OP described is intended, but I'm quite sure that the developers did not intend you to go back and solo group instances.

That's the thing... I was not trying to solo it. The only group I could string together were 10s - 14s. And we would have had a hell of a smoother time if I could use my class' Ultimate that I more then earned, cleaving through a dozen level 25 Skeletons-disguised-as-level 12. But because of ZOS' logic, because I was one level past the mark[My ultimate charged when I was lvl 19 against these same enemies], the minute I leveled to 20, the game said LOLNOPE, you are too high level lol. Which made finishing this dungeon painful and tedious, because I could not use my Ace-in-the hole that I invested and built my play-style around.

Meanwhile, in Grahtwood, I solo all the level 20 bosses here with ease, and I can cast my Ultimate every other fight. I mean, seriously. Enemies level vs my level should not play a factor in my abilities. This is fake difficulty, and it is cheap.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA