Noooo! No more frog racing!?!

Dekkameron
Dekkameron
✭✭✭✭✭
From todays patch notes.
Frog Racing has been outlawed, and the quest is currently disabled. Race organizers vow to petition the queen for their return.

First the Money lender type person in Vukhel Guard docks and now frog racing too?

Why o why?

Poor old Slippy the frog was on a winning streak as well.
- Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cause it kept glitching on them. Since they couldn't fix the 'lock in this phase' issue quickly, they just disabled it until they could figure out the fix.
    Options
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    With these type of "bug fixing" we very soon end in a game with no quest at all
    Options
  • Sykotik_ESO
    Sykotik_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, there's lizard racing later on that works :D
    Options
  • XShadesX
    XShadesX
    lol disabling quests dont not equal fix Zen. every single quest that doesnt qork is getting disabled lol
    Options
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    You can bet on me to hop along
    The Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
    Juganoth - Late Night Gaming on Ebon Heart Pact/Wabbajack
    Social Guild of Older Gamers
    "To Those who walked before us
    You made us what we are
    To Those who come after us
    Let us give as good as we got."
    Options
  • JLinde13
    JLinde13
    I just did that last nite. Worked fine... :\
    Options
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Did the quest, it all ran fine - easiest 100+ gold I ever made. I can't help but wonder if the real problem with this quest is not a bug, but people not being able to follow the feeding directions and wait patiently for the triggers to work.
    Options
  • Laerune
    Laerune
    ✭✭✭
    I am not liking how they are facing these issues. Instead of fixing it, they disable the quests.

This means there is already two quests less for the players of AD side.
    Options
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    It would be a lose/lose situation if they do nothing
    They disable it so they can fix it, they are not disabling it to not worry about it
    Leaving it bugged and broken is not going to get players to understand or accept it
    Removing it for now stops the problem so they can work on it and get it right and open again
    It is a better way of doing it IMO and since it’s a side quest it is no real loss especially time/effort based
    You made us what we are
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, we do intend on bringing this quest back as soon as we have it fixed; it's not gone forever!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    From todays patch notes.
    Frog Racing has been outlawed, and the quest is currently disabled. Race organizers vow to petition the queen for their return.

First the Money lender type person in Vukhel Guard docks and now frog racing too?

Why o why?

Poor old Slippy the frog was on a winning streak as well.

Wow it was broke? I just did it saturday night with no issue.
    Options
  • Darka
    Darka
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, we do intend on bringing this quest back as soon as we have it fixed; it's not gone forever!

Lot of it was QQ for the sake of QQ i think, rather then people actually thinking

You made us what we are
    Options
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was literally the last quest I did last night on an alt before logging. What gives? It didn't even seem like a quest, just a little silly thing for fun.

Oh well. Less content.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but wonder if the real problem with this quest is not a bug, but people not being able to follow the feeding directions and wait patiently for the triggers to work.
    No, it was hit or miss during beta as well. Properly fed the frog, placed in basket ... race never started.
    Options
  • joetrouble
    lol i doubt we will see this fixed, it was broken pretty much the entire beta and they didnt get it working
    Options
  • vegeta0585b14_ESO
    vegeta0585b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Quest? QUEST? I demand frog racing became a well known and respected sport in every major city in tamriel, where weary travelers can kick back with some mead and bet on BLoodthirster the frog.
    Options
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    The frog race was hardly working at all for some days into early access, with all the right feeding stuffs etc thr frogs just didn't start running, it was a big joke in our guild really but then after one of the server downtimes I managed to get it done. So now I can die in peace.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
    Options
  • OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    I could get it to work . I just could never win. It became a problem and led to my skooma addiction. After losing about three grand I gave the frog some and he croaked.
    Options
  • OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    So what was the trick? Get the skill to intimidate(KILL) the people with the fast frogs?
    Options
  • OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    My box just arrived from Amazon! Bring on the frogs!!!!!!!
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    I thought maybe some animal rights activist complained about frog racing and that was the reason they removed it. Haha!! Good to know it will be back.
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    OFC_it wrote: »
    So what was the trick? Get the skill to intimidate(KILL) the people with the fast frogs?
    Find a non-bugged instance where folks hadn't been spamming the 'start race', start the race, log out, log back in.

Well, that fixed it for me in beta.
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went mental when I finally completed the frog race, seriously mental!

The shouts of excitement coming from the study meant the rest of the family had to come in to see what all the commotion was all about, and when I told them, I won, I won........I won the frog race! They all just looked at each other and slowly backed out of the study.

Yeah, I live with a non TES family. :(
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOOHOO!

FROG RACING IS BACK IN!

sXLuUZL.jpg

Thanks to whomever stealth re-introduced this quest.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options