Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Soft cap and hard cap?

cherev
cherev
Hi,

Recently some1 wrote in his post that at lvl 15 he had put 11 points into magicka and had reached the soft cap.

I did not understand and could not find info that could adequately explain it to me. So, if some1 could please explain to me what a soft and hard cap are, and how one can see if it has been reached, then that would be most helpful.

Cheers,
Edited by cherev on April 7, 2014 5:02PM
  • Wolfpack12c
    I got you buddy. When you look into the attribute page where you allocate points to magic, health, or stamina. You will see some skills show up as orange this means whatever you use to upgrade that attribute will grant you a diminishing return. Eventually if you keep adding points it will turn red(its determined by lvl) at this point its at soft cap. Now your active skills and buffs can still boost this attribute. I have yet to find a hard cap. I hope this answers your question if not I'm sorry I might have miss understood the question
  • markusloveFTM
    markusloveFTM
    ✭✭✭
    Soft cap just means that the points you allocate to an attribute won't be worth as much as they did before the soft cap, for example.

Level 50 with 20 Magicka: 20 Magicka.
    Level 50 with 49 Magicka: 35 Magicka.
  • cherev
    cherev
    Thank you both for answering my question. Its very clear to me now ;)

Upvotes,upvotes, everybody gets and upvote!

Cheers,