Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance questing in other factions?

BugCollector
BugCollector
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I know we'll be able to do questing in other faction area's, but will we also be able to do the home alliance quests of that enemy faction? Like, if I did the alliance quests for the Dominion, will I also be able to do the alliance quests for the Pact, when I'm level 50?
May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adventure Zone stuff will be done in other faction's territories. But you won't be able to do all quest like Bleakrock etc etc.
  • ChuiDuma
    ChuiDuma
    ✭✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »
    Adventure Zone stuff will be done in other faction's territories. But you won't be able to do all quest like Bleakrock etc etc.

Actually, yes, you can complete the starter zones in VR content, including Bleakrock, Khenarthi's Roost, and Stros M'kai.

It's as if you are playing through the game from the beginning on the other alliance, but it's a much more challenging playthrough.

Edit: Adventure Zones are an entirely different thing, and have not yet been released.
    Edited by ChuiDuma on April 7, 2014 4:00PM
    * Mara's Tester * >:) * The Psijic Order *
    * Werewolf *
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    I heard when you're level 50 you can go to other alliance zones but they're level 50 zones, you won't cross paths with the enemy alliance in their zones.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • ChuiDuma
    ChuiDuma
    ✭✭✭
    I heard when you're level 50 you can go to other alliance zones but they're level 50 zones, you won't cross paths with the enemy alliance in their zones.

Close enough. They are Veteran Rank zones - there's VR 1-10, so a DC player who gets put over in AD territory will be in VR 1 level content.

As you play through, NPCs see you as if you are a part of the alliance whose zones you are in. For instance, Raz sees you as the soulless person who just fell out of the sky from the Cold Harbour tutorial. DC players go first to AD, then EP content for VR, and I believe AD goes to EP - DC, and EP goes DC - AD.
    * Mara's Tester * >:) * The Psijic Order *
    * Werewolf *
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChuiDuma wrote: »
    Hirion wrote: »

Actually, yes, you can complete the starter zones in VR content, including Bleakrock, Khenarthi's Roost, and Stros M'kai.

It's as if you are playing through the game from the beginning on the other alliance, but it's a much more challenging playthrough.

Edit: Adventure Zones are an entirely different thing, and have not yet been released.
    That's brilliant! I'm very glad to hear that I won't have to create a new character in order to do questing for the other factions. I'm a huge lore *** and I like to have access to all the quests. :)
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • ForlornBeliever
    How do you gain access to them though? I've finished both the Aliiance quest line and defeated Molag Bal and haven't gotten any notification or quest to show me how to start the next alliance area.
    Leader of the Bloodborne Rogues. Werewolf looking for a pack or want to be a werewolf? Or just looking for teammates to take on Tamriel's baddies? Feel free to message me if you have questions or are interested in joining. Xbox One/NA Server
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you gain access to them though? I've finished both the Aliiance quest line and defeated Molag Bal and haven't gotten any notification or quest to show me how to start the next alliance area.

You need to finish the main quest in the Harborage with the Prophet. Then you will get a quest (Caldwell'Silver) that will bring you in another alliance first zone (DC if you're EP, EP if you're AD, AD if you're DC).
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)