Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

hello guys!

kristianvon
im still stuck on what build to do for my templar, ive tried the build i found in youtube. the one focusing on aedric spear. until now i havent distributed my 16 skill points and and my attributes. im already lvl 18. some of my skill are all ready to be morph but i havent choose any. so guys i need ur help. anhyone with experience for templar. thanks guys!
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't sweat it, you can respec (at 100g per skillpoint) in your capital city. The choices don't have to be permanent. Have fun and try stuff out, don't just blindly follow other people's guides unless you really want to :P
  • kristianvon
    haha. ok. mybe ill try to make my own build
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game :)

There are some awesome 3rd party sites with great info by people who've been playing Templars for over a year now. Here's one of them for you! http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/templar-class/

Hope this helps you with your decision and enjoy your time in Tamriel! :)
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    I recommend you to travel in Cyrodill, a unpopulated one, make it guest and get skyshards, I noticed you have too few skill points, I'm lv26 and I've got 70+ Skill Points.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • kristianvon
    thanks man! maybe ill read this one first while the server is down
  • kristianvon
    thanks man! maybe ill read this one first while the server is down
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, I'm assuming you mean you have 16 extra skill points you haven't spent? Or all you have is around 16? If the latter, holy crap find skyshards.

And honestly, almost everyone will be respeccing once they hit endgame anyway. Wing it, have fun.
  • kristianvon
    16extra
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing a templar as main and just winging it atm. I'm spending a fair few points on crafting so have to be a little careful with how I splash them out on damage and healing. I've chosen to focus on bow and restoration staff for weapons and aedric spear and restoring light for dps/healing respectively. I did go for the first skill in Dawn's Wrath as it is a very nice ability for both solo and group stuff. I am also morphing my skills because it's not like there's any point in having lots of skills anyway.

One ability I would strongly suggest you get asap is Silver Shards from the Fighters' Guild line. It is pretty nice in general but indespensible against undead and daedra (and these mobs are everywhere).
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Experiment with skills, while of course reading their description. I never follow any ''guides'' as those are simply other person views. It doesnt matter they are best, or will fit your play style. As mentioned above, you can respect in game, worst scenario is to farm mobs to get gold, or mats to sell, no real harm.

My templar is build for support and heal, and its not like any of ''popular'' or ''best'' guides, but it work very well. FOR ME. For my play style. Guides can help you see morphs for example, but you should be able to build your character yourself, without using them, or skill points calculators(most silly thing, with 320 points you can have/use).