Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are There Any Ghost / Spectre Type Of Weapons Or Skills?

Vaerth
Vaerth
✭✭✭✭
I am role playing a wraith infused Bosmer, I have always loved Ghostly powers and stealth based classes. I am looking for any powers and weapons to go along with it. Do we know yet if there are any Ghost Blade type weapons in ESO? Also, I saw some awesome skills for my RP needs in the Soul Magic skills, they look quite good for my RP needs. So, I was wondering if there are any other spells/skills and weapons that are ghostly? ALSO, is there any way to give my characters eyes an unnatural white/gray glow? Perhaps any armor/hoods that apply a glow to the eye color?
Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump...
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess not, perhaps this community is not active enough yet (or cares to toss me some info, lol).
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most if not all of what the majority of us have seen are the racial motif weapons. Even dropped stuff comes in a racial motif of some kind, that I've ever seen.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is a motif?
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Style. Every race has their own style of look to their equipment. A Nord sword looks different from an Altmer one, etc.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have to craft them for the looks or are they by level? Lets say I want full Bosmer armor set, do I have to craft it or find it? Will the stats be on par with current level gear? etc.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer can exist at all levels. The best way to get a full set of the Bosmer look is to have it crafted, though if you were lucky enough I imagine you could get it from drops (I think it's completely random what style will drop with the items). Crafted gear can be made at every even level.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they release a players guide soon lol, I need to learn some crafting and figure out how this game works aside from just the combat lol.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no harm in jumping right in or asking around. You can craft level 1-14 gear by default, just need to go harvest the materials (which you can do as well without any investment in skill points).
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the requirements to craft Bosmer gear simply the "bones" that state they are needed to create racial gear? For example, Dunmer use Obsidian I believe. Would I be able to craft weapons and armor using core components and the racial style?

Is there a certain amount of professions you can craft in? Like 2 or 3?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but you have been very informative and I greatly appreciate your help.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    By default you can only craft in the racial motif that you are (i.e. if you're a Bosmer, you can only make Bosmer looking gear). You can learn to craft other motifs by finding (or buying/trading from players) motif books. Right now I can craft styles in every motif but the more rare non-racial ones (primal, daedric, ancient elf to my knowledge). You will need the specific racial ingredient (15g from a vendor, or lootable randomly) in order to make whatever style, not just the motif learned.

Motif books and racial mats are commonly (more rare for the books) found in room containers - desks, wardrobes, trunks, etc.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thank you very much. You have been an excellent help and I greatly appreciate your time! I finally have something to aim towards :)
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind if you do want to do crafting is that you'll need to spend skill points on it if you plan to make higher than level 14 gear. You can take a look at what kinds of things the crafting specs have skill-wise. At a minimalist level you'd need 9 skill points per craft to make every tier of gear. But you'll have to spend a lot more time/materials crafting higher end stuff (and for some crafting professions like enchanter you'd be unable to craft beyond 'white' quality stuff).

Still, you get so many skill points if you do a lot of stuff (main quest, leveling, skyshards) you can easily afford to pick up at least one crafting profession as you go.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking on doing Blacksmith and Leatherwork, while my buddy will pick up enchanting and woodwoker.
    Pact Bloodwraith