The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The imperial city

BeastNFeast
Do u think that we should be able to fight inside the imperial city against the alliances and molag bals army and maybe control the city?
  • Imperator_Clydus
    Imperator_Clydus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial City is a feature that will be added post-launch. If you ever played Dark Age of Camelot, there was an endgame dungeon known as Darkness Falls that the winning faction would have sole access to. There were all sorts of benefits for possessing this zone, clearly, and whenever the winning faction was deposed, the new winner would go in and clear out the previous faction.

With the winning alliance in ESO, they will have the opportunity to siege the Imperial City and reclaim it from Molag Bal's army. If the alliance is successful in winning the fight, the Imperial City will be theirs. We do not know what sort of perks or benefits that will be incorporated with a faction owning the Imperial City at this time. Stay tuned.
    Edited by Imperator_Clydus on April 7, 2014 11:08PM
    The First Daggerfall Emperor of Tamriel on Bloodthorn and Guild Leader of Shehai
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    The Imperial City is a feature that will be added post-launch. If you ever played Dark Age of Camelot, there was an endgame dungeon known as Darkness Falls that the winning faction would have sole access to. There were all sorts of benefits for possessing this zone, clearly, and whenever the winning faction was deposed, the new winner would go in and clear out the previous faction.

With the winning alliance in ESO, they will have the opportunity to siege the Imperial City and reclaim it from Molag Bal's army. If the alliance is successful in winning the fight, the Imperial City will be there. We do not know what sort of perks or benefits are going to be incorporated with a faction owning the Imperial City at this time. Stay tuned.

Can wait for this will really make pvp more interesting. I doubt the DC on my campaign will ever get it haha but it's something more to fight for.
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a source on this Imperator Clydus. https://warosu.org/data/biz/img/0002/36/1395695239462.jpg
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping they're still working on the imperial city for a later update. I'm really hoping it didn't get scrapped.

If you want a source for what Clydus said, just google search the imperial city, you should come across a dev interview where they talk about it. Although that was months ago and haven't heard anything since.