Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Max. skill point cap/limit?

InF13RNo
InF13RNo
Hello, I've checked some skill planners but they don't have any limit on SP, I'd like to know if there's anything know about the cap or limit.

Thanks,
InF3RNo.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about 300.
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    So it'd be possible to level up all crafting skills and most necesary skills, I'm looking forward to have all my necesary class skill tree and two weapons, and so.

I presume when the game gets more updates the SP Limit will go up since new zones will mean more skyshards.

Thanks for the answer.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's over 300 but there's a lot of stuff you have to do to get them even that high.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Someone gave the figures in a post earlier today but can't remember where. I think it works out that, if you get all the skill points (means getting all skyshards (including Cyrodiil), doing all appropriate questlines and doing all dungeons) then you can get about two thirds of all the skills currently in the game.

Now there are things to caution on on both sides. On the one hand, there are some skill lines you may not want to touch, but there are also some tricky skyshards too (the ones tucked away in the far reaches of the two enemy factions' territories in Cyrodiil). I'm not sure how many skill points people will realistically have when they hit level cap though.

One thing I would like is an up to date skill calculator. I have this:

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/templar/

But it must be from an older build in beta as it doesn't fit with what is now live.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    300 but more will be added.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it'd be possible to level up all crafting skills and most necesary skills, I'm looking forward to have all my necesary class skill tree and two weapons, and so.
    Yes, but like they said, there's a LOT involved to get them. You need to finish every quest, explore every area, grab every possible skyshard...
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the esohead.com one is up to date.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I presume when the game gets more updates the SP Limit will go up since new zones will mean more skyshards.

Thanks for the answer.

It's currently not possible to have skill points in everything but yes, there is plenty to fill out what you wish to.

And yes, it will increase.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »

Great, thanks very much.
  • InF13RNo
    InF13RNo
    Shimond wrote: »
    That site lets me get skills more than 400, so it's not up to date or max skill points is more than 400.

• Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    That site lets me get skills more than 400, so it's not up to date or max skill points is more than 400.

I think you have to regulate it yourself. It also starts at -6 skill points spent for some reason. But it let's me plan ahead, so fine for my purposes now.