The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

has anyone found the deadric primal ancient elf or barbaric style motifs yet?

aldlv13
aldlv13
just wondering because so far i havnt seen any of them enywhere
"Altmer. They act all high and mighty until you leave them in a pool of their own blood." -Blademaster Owyn
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't found a motif but I found the mats for barbaric early on, then primal about half way through, then finally at the end I found daedric.

Edited by Armitas on April 7, 2014 2:13PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • aldlv13
    aldlv13
    you can learn a style by decon O.O
    "Altmer. They act all high and mighty until you leave them in a pool of their own blood." -Blademaster Owyn
  • Rogallaig
    Rogallaig
    ✭✭
    Yes. Nybling (a long-time Beta tester) has found both Ancient Elf and Daedric motifs, somewhere in the VR areas.

See: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/22d04e/finding_this_was_a_stroke_of_luck_but_oh_how_i/
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    They are not common drops...so far I have only found the reguard motif.
    Do you need to travel to specific areas to get them or are they completely random?
  • nlnj_a
    nlnj_a
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic.

I found 1 motif after 7 days of game play, then yesterday I was doing the main quest and found 3 different motifs all in the small area!
    I then relogged several times and got nothing good at that point.

Edit: Motif spawns are weird.

People farm them by finding nice areas with lots of places to check in one location, then relogging and it all refreshes.
    Edited by nlnj_a on April 7, 2014 7:16PM
  • Emberheart
    nlnj_a wrote: »
    Slightly off topic.

I found 1 motif after 7 days of game play, then yesterday I was doing the main quest and found 3 different motifs all in the small area!
    I then relogged several times and got nothing good at that point.

Edit: Motif spawns are weird.

People farm them by finding nice areas with lots of places to check in one location, then relogging and it all refreshes.

The whole point is that there's two tiers of rarity. Motifs 1 to 9 drop commonly, 10 and upwards rarely and most of those only inside endgame areas.
  • Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    I saw someone sell the primal one in zone. They sold it for 5k gold. Kind of figured it would have gone for more because i saw an imperial motif sell for over 10k earlier in the day.