Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Red circle (Mostly bosses)

Zilas
Zilas
✭✭✭
So yeah I really doubt this is working as intended.. whenever a mob casts one of those red circles around them damaging anyone in the red circle, while with bosses that's a lot of damage taken, I've taken damage of this while OUTSIDE of the circle multiple times, seems kinda bugged and it's annoying.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zilas wrote: »
    While with bosses that's a lot of damage taken, I've taken damage of this while OUTSIDE of the circle multiple times, seems kinda bugged and it's annoying.
    Did you walk out of the circle or 'double-tap direction key to dodge' move out?
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Zilas wrote: »
    While with bosses that's a lot of damage taken, I've taken damage of this while OUTSIDE of the circle multiple times, seems kinda bugged and it's annoying.
    Did you walk out of the circle or 'double-tap direction key to dodge' move out?
    I usually sprint out

If this happens once, hey, maybe lag, twice, hmm weird.. but nope, it's everytime. And one time I died from it and the boss wasn't moving so you could see how the circle did not touch my corpse (which is exactly where I was standing) so clearly somethings wrong. It's misleading if they show a huge red circle and then still hit you if you're just outside of it.

The main reason this is annoying is because on some boss fights it one shots me, I'm heavily dps based and do not have enough health usually lol

Edited by Zilas on April 7, 2014 2:13PM
  • Stonebreath
    I've had this happen occasionally, and I'm pretty sure it's due to latency. You see yourself as out of the circle but the game server still thinks you're inside it. Happens in pretty much every online game from time to time.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Part lag, part mechanics. Sprint out doesn't always register, but the double-tap roll away seems to work the best (it registers as an 'avoid' move).

And, yes, I know full well that annoyance. And I'm a DP DK.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling they're designed to force you to double tap dodge, as I always end up taking a lot of damage trying to walk/run out of them. Or in the case of some of the cone attacks get hit fully even though I'm just outside the visual graphic (from walking to avoid).
  • Splattzilla
    This is a good point to look into and I'm quite curious if you're required to dodge out rather than simply re-positioning yourself outside of the red circle. I was watching my friend play while he was streaming on twitch.tv and noticed the same thing occurring.
    To succeed you must do the things that you think you cannot.
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    I have a feeling they're designed to force you to double tap dodge, as I always end up taking a lot of damage trying to walk/run out of them. Or in the case of some of the cone attacks get hit fully even though I'm just outside the visual graphic (from walking to avoid).

I think this could very well be the case, I never double tap dodge, I hate that ability so much, it also takes stamina, so if you don't have enough and you try dodge you'll fail miserably :smiley:

Another option would be noting the bosses rotation and sprinting away before he casts it, but it'll be awkward if you run away and he doesn't use it.

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always keep enough stam for a double-tap dodge due to that mechanic.

Oh, and enough mana for a Green Dragon Blood.