Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Magelight fix please!

Lotsix
Lotsix
I can't find a suggestions forum so I guess this is the next best area to bring this up. (I'm sure it's been said time and again but these forums are a mess and could use some work) Anyways though, the spell magelight really needs to ditch the sound effect that accompanies it. That never ending hissing on each pass is driving me nuts... and it's only been 1 day of using it. It provides a serious boost to spell crit so I imagine a lot of people will be using it down the line. Never mind the pvpers using it to spot stealth.

Please look into removing the sound all together.
  • Kriptt
    Kriptt
    I have an issue where my mage light don't give me any spell crit chance. Since I morphed it as a radiant mage light, reducing 50% incoming stealth damage. The description say that It still give me 10% spell crit chance which it is cleary not the case. Is it bugged ? or the description is wrong ? if it is the description, I will respecs my character cause it is pure *** ^.^
  • Psionyxz
    Psionyxz
    I'm not sure if it's bugged or if it just doesn't show up in the character sheet.

It not updating the character sheet could have been overlooked. That being said, it could just as likely be a bug, but with coming patches and what-not I'm certain it will be addressed.

I didn't give it a second thought when it didn't update the character sheet. Now I'm curious as to which it is.
  • Kriptt
    Kriptt
    it sems that it is also the case for others skill associate to the weapon critical chance. It is almost impossible to test in-game due to the lack of "official" queue. Hopefully they will look at it soon, description aren't bad in general (saw worst) but not knowing if it actually works is frustating.
  • Lotsix
    Lotsix
    Well I had no idea it might not be working correctly to begin with. I'm just tired of the hissing it makes constantly and it would be a shame to mute effect sounds since I enjoy them in every other aspect of the game.

Personally I use inner fire morph and it seems to update properly.
  • Psionyxz
    Psionyxz
    But I love the sound :'(
    I think I stand alone in that regard haha.
    Edited by Psionyxz on April 8, 2014 1:17AM
  • steelers.kid11b14_ESO
    Psionyxz wrote: »

The sound does separate it from everything else. I feel special and look awesome at the same time.
  • ShallowTech
    Psionyxz wrote: »

I have not heard it yet but the environment sounds and the music in this game is exactly what I would expect from an Elder Scrolls title, AWESOME :smiley: Sound is very important in a game and can really make or break some. I am probably with you on this one but I need to check out this skill first!
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
    MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can an enemy player see the mageligth if you are hidden? Someone told me they could.
  • ShallowTech
    Where is the Magelight skill located? I am building a mage and trying to get as much crit chance as possible but I can not find this skill.
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
    MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
  • t0mmeh
    t0mmeh
    I think the sound would be useful for stealthers looking to avoid you. Only fair to give them a warning of some sort.
  • Drekor
    Drekor
    ✭✭
    Can an enemy player see the mageligth if you are hidden? Someone told me they could.
    Yea when you see a dude with eyes and fists glowing with blue fire... it's extremely obvious. Not sure if they can see the difference between inner light and radiant though. I seem to be the only one using radiant so can't test :(
  • BKTHNDR
    BKTHNDR
    ✭✭✭
    Drekor wrote: »
    Yea when you see a dude with eyes and fists glowing with blue fire... it's extremely obvious. Not sure if they can see the difference between inner light and radiant though. I seem to be the only one using radiant so can't test :(

The glowing eyes/fists isn't Magelight, is it? I thought Magelight was the one where the glowing blue orb circles the Mage.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MAgelight is the glowing blue ball that circles you. Have not done a whole lot of pvp but i have never seen anyone with this on. So either no one is using it or the other side cant see it. I do know people in my own group could not see it either.

I hope they cant. The counter to surprise attack should be a surprise of your own. Not a sign that says just kill the guy slightly to my left.

Edits~ well today the people in my group could see my blue balls. So perhaps it is just laggy or buggy and that is why i have never seen it.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on April 14, 2014 10:34AM
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Ive noticed a bug with Magelight. The key thing is if you cast it while in combat. It happens when you cast it while in combat, it wont give you the spell crit. If you are out of combat, itll work properly.
  • Drekor
    Drekor
    ✭✭
    BKTHNDR wrote: »
    The glowing eyes/fists isn't Magelight, is it? I thought Magelight was the one where the glowing blue orb circles the Mage.

Only the player themselves sees the glowing blue ball, other players see a different animation... it's weird.
    MAgelight is the glowing blue ball that circles you. Have not done a whole lot of pvp but i have never seen anyone with this on. So either no one is using it or the other side cant see it. I do know people in my own group could not see it either.

I hope they cant. The counter to surprise attack should be a surprise of your own. Not a sign that says just kill the guy slightly to my left.
    If the guy is using radiant it's irrelevant your sneak attack will hit like a wet noodle on anyone around him.
    Edited by Drekor on April 14, 2014 8:00AM
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭
    The Innerlight version really needs to get rid of the orb, not only it hurts my eyes so bad, it really causes nausea with lower graphics.
  • Loligo
    Loligo
    ✭✭
    I'm hard of hearing, so high pitched sounds don't matter to me. Might annoy my wife though :)
  • jones52j
    jones52j
    what does the Radiant Light look like? Screenshot plz!