Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stamina or magika?

Brettus_87b16_ESO
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else that is levelling there characters is starting to feel like this? Let me elaborate a bit on this.

The skill diversity of this game was one of favourite bits of the game and still is when I was playing the beta. But as im starting to level my character its becoming difficult to decide what stats to prioritize.

The reason being basically as far as i can tell all class based spells (mainly damage attacks) use magika and scale with magika. All classes. I am a dragonknight, and I like the ardent skill line and some of its aggressive moves but I also like the 2 hand and dual wield tree's. But to get the proper benefits out of them I have to prioritize my stats and starting to feel like I have to choose whether to just use utility based skills from class tree's and focus on stamina (to increase my dmg of the weapon tree's) or go full magika with some small amounts of health and stamina and mainly focus on my class skills.

So I guess what I'm saying is it kind of feel a bit restricting because of that? I like the system but im struggling with prioritizing stats. What also makes it harder is gear only has 1 stat type, so either just health or magika or stamina (I could be wrong there) so it's not really like you can balance your stats to get a gd hybrid amount of damage between magika based ability's or stamina based ability's.