The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Giant Enemy Crab at Fungal Grotto aggro generation and most effective means of killing

pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
Hi everyone,
I'm having trouble with this boss on last run in FG. I played as a templar healer and what was most annoying about this fight (and different to all other bosses in FG) was the fact that the crab and his accomplices would always target me as soon as I start healing.

For example on one attempt I waited for a whole 7-8 seconds from the start of the fight literally doing nothing at all but as soon as I healed one of my team mates he ran away from tank and dps guys and straight to me. And so did his offsprings. We've tried several times and I'm pretty sure that I'm not imagining things.

Surprisingly, we breezed through the final boss. It was so easy after that battle.

I was just replaying it in my mind and it seems like (from healer's point of view) the most effective tactics would be:

1. Before the start of battle put any AoEs on quickbar
2. When battle starts just slowly dps the boss and team mates will have to rely on potions
3. Once small crabs come out use Nova and any other AoEs in your disposal.
4. Start healing whatever is left of your group after little crabs have been dealt with
5. ...
6. PROFIT?

Any better way of dealing with this b*stard?
"Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • NextGame
    NextGame
    ✭✭
    when we did this crab (have run it a couple of times but have outlevelled this dungeon now) we just burned the boss and ignored the adds and it worked fine.

Playing as nightblade I ended up off tanking all of the adds rather than them going for the healer, didn't do anything special for that to happen however.
  • bengtssonericb16_ESO
    I as a tank taunts the boss then throws burningtalons when the adds spawn, that gives the dps enough time to kill the adds and keep burning down boss. Thats how we did it.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I as a tank taunts the boss then throws burningtalons when the adds spawn, that gives the dps enough time to kill the adds and keep burning down boss. Thats how we did it.

^This. Burning talons is basically the eso equivalent of aoe threat/CC.

Tank.
    Single mob management - Puncture
    Group mob management- Burning Talons.
    Edited by Armitas on April 7, 2014 5:03PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • flarefireb16_ESO
    Armitas wrote: »

^This. Burning talons is basically the eso equivalent of aoe threat/CC.

Tank.
    Single mob management - Puncture
    Group mob management- Burning Talons.

Handled the fight exactly the same, it was pretty easy this way. Burning Talons actually did enough damage to kill the adds with one or two activations. However as long as at least one player is dealing decent AoE damage the little crabs really shouldn't be an issue.

The king crab just needs to stay on the tank - no problem if he/she has a point in Puncture. The boss hits reasonably hard but nothing too crazy. Blocking and kiting definitely helps but it's not necessary.
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    yeah - doesn't have to be the tank's AoE abilities, I ran this as support/DPS DK a few nights ago and my talons took care of the adds. Talons are great for it, but just about anything with good AoE will work, imo.