Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Templar skill: Blinding light to Blinding Flashes

yogarogue
yogarogue
✭✭
Thinking of creating a guide that will test a build that is one part dps w/ 2 hander and one part tank w/ 1 hander and shield.. Before I put together this build I would like to know the difference between blinding light and its morph blinding flashes, which claims to pulse every 2 seconds rather than a continuous 4 seconds.. What does this mean???
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinding Light applies the debuff once when activated. Blinding Flashes applies the debuff multiple times.
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    That's where its confusingbecuse both are still a 4 second duration... whether or not its applied twice in 4 seconds, the previous skill still lasts 4 seconds... I don't understand it..
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinding Light applies a 4s debuff to enemies around you when activated. Blinding Flashes applies a 4s "buff" to yourself that applies a 4s debuff to nearby enemies every 2s for 4s.

The point of Blinding Flashes is it can apply the debuff to more enemies as you run through them/they come near you and renew the debuff on enemies that already have it.
  • outlanderbz
    I would be interested in this guide. Trying to decide if I want a 2hnd in my dps role. I like how a mace and shield looks so I have been thinking I might make my Templar use a 1hnd/shield in both weapon slots with the abilities being dps/tank. Not sure if that would be smart though.
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    Im working on it.. will post here in class skills