Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Given the limited inventory space, how about freeing up maps?

merk
merk
✭✭
Given that inventory space is pretty tight, i think it would be nice if maps got added into your inventory on a separate tab. all the maps (which i know are kind of stupid since i'm sure there's a million web pages with the same info available) i got as the pre-order bonus are still sitting in their containers since i dont have room to take out all the maps. Hell, just the handful of map containers are enough of a burden as far as inventory space goes.

You should be able to read a map and add it to your known maps, the same way you just need to read a recipe once.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has been asked a lot. Maps are pretty cumbersome. My solution was to send them to a mule character.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    Also, pets. God. Pets are a nightmare. Why do the horses get a stable but the useless vanity pets need to sit in your inventory?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put all that stuff on an alt. I think bank slots should cost much less than they do. 1,000 gold for ten slots is ludicrous.

* 10 gold for first 10 slots
    * 100 gold for next 10 slots
    * 250 gold for next 10 slots
    * 500 gold for next 10 slots
    * 750 gold for next 10 slots
    * 1000 gold for any future 10 slots

Much more sane.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Shamas90
    Shamas90
    Soul Shriven
    Maps were meant to be part of the lure, or reward, for pre ordering. They turned out to be large inventory slot sink. Better if they were "used" and learned. Pets as well. Please adjust this.
  • Phoebvs
    Phoebvs
    maps are used on treasure digging. I know it's not the best option, but at least they do disappear from the inventory.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    A better solution would be to adopt Guild Wars 2 inventory system in regards to crafting materials. From any point on the map you can "deposit collectables/crafting materials" and the bank has space for a full stack of each material, so no need to pick and choose what you want to save for crafting, as you can save everything.

The current system is very restrictive.
  • Holmes
    Holmes
    ✭✭
    The CE pets should be made available for each character, as well as learnable and removed from inventory.
    The maps should not consume any inventory space at all, and the container in which they are present should have been bank-enabled. At this point in time, you need to dig out the maps in order to bank them.

They've just given you way too many items way too early in the game, and you don't have the $$ to buy more slots.

On top of that, in Beta they used to buy each material for 1 gold, but now it pays nothing. It kinda hurts me when I have to throw stuff away for nothing, instead, every 30 minutes, I spend another 15 cleaning up my inventory. At level 7, I was already lvl 21 in Provisioning, due to all the materials cluttering my bank and inventory.
  • merk
    merk
    ✭✭
    Yeah i forgot to mention that pets should also not take up an inventory slot.