Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

issues in groups

jelliedsoup
jelliedsoup
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else had issues seeing members in your group? For example, I could see the white arrow moving, but not the player itself. Is this a known bug?
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4

Best Answer

• slander36
    slander36
    ✭✭✭
    Known bug dealing with the zone phasing or your position in a quest line.

If you are both leveling together and you can't see each other after grouping then open your party menu with 'P,' right click their name and select "Teleport to player".

If one of you is ahead of the other and trying to help out with a quest line it might be the case that you just aren't phased together. This only happens sometimes, though, from what I've experienced.

One last possibility is that you are both in a single-player instance (fighter's guild questline sends you to one during Doshia and people get confused because you can't do it as a group). In this case just try and finish up the quest then head back outside and you'll be good to go. No way to get around this one, I'm afraid, as it seems to be intentional.
    Answer ✓
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. This was a large group in Cyrodil. Can I still use the Teleport to Player in large groups?
  • slander36
    slander36
    ✭✭✭
    That's a tricky one. If you're in Cyrodiil - I'm assuming outside, not in a cave - then make sure you're both in the same Campaign. That would be my only idea as to why you wouldn't be able to see someone's character in Cyrodiil. All else fails try logging out and logging in again in the case that it's not a phasing issues or you're not in different campaigns.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slander36 wrote: »
    That's a tricky one. If you're in Cyrodiil - I'm assuming outside, not in a cave - then make sure you're both in the same Campaign. That would be my only idea as to why you wouldn't be able to see someone's character in Cyrodiil. All else fails try logging out and logging in again in the case that it's not a phasing issues or you're not in different campaigns.

Yes I was outside, just saw white arrows moving around.

I tried the old faithful of restart, log out, log in etc. These were actually guildmates too, so perhaps they were in a different campaign?

• slander36
    slander36
    ✭✭✭
    Just an update, I did see this yesterday and it might be related to people crashing in Cyrodiil, since that's been a huge issue on our teams. Inviting guildies to the group causes a huge lag spike for all of us and sometimes crashes our clients. The arrows sometimes stay there and the person is invisible when they log back in for a bit, not sure why.