Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

arrows are like seeking missiles

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i've been searching the forum for something related with the seeking arrows but i couldn't find anything. isn't anyone else finding weird that even if you point the bow to the ground the arrow will move the direction and follow a target? i'm not sure if this is a bug or some feature to help casual players, like that awful auto-aim thing that some fps have. so, if this is something like the auto-aim is there anyway to disable it?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a feature to help lazy players. Not to be confused with casual, as I'm a casual player and even I find it metagame-y.

Any projectile does this. The only way to dodge is with a roll. Sprinting out of the way, or hiding behind objects, can't stop projectiles. I guess we can handwave it away as everything being "magically guided", but I could live without it.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actual projectile physics are a little difficult in an MMO. At least you have to be facing in the general direction of your target. During beta, you could be looking the other way.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's their way of dealing with server lag. If you had to do a straight shot with latency, you'd NEVER hit with the server lag that you can get in Cyrodiil.

Especially in the big fights. You know, 120+ people crashing together, mages spamming spells, not to mention ballistae and catapults flinging...
  • Charwyn
    Charwyn
    ✭✭
    This is only confusing because you get a WANNABE-FPS mechanic for a fight. Like taking aim with the bow or sword, etc.

But inside it's a clearly "push a button -> that guy on the screen does his job".
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok. i understand now. thanks ;)

and you are right Sarenia, "lazy players" would have been a better choice of words :)
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having an issue whereby I'm being hit by opponents' handheld weapons, even though I'm well outside of range. It feels a bit like a turn base combat system (such as Dragon Age), perhaps this is down to game mechanics too (I'm still in FPS Skyrim mode).
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • FelixDeAssassini
    What I find dumb is I run pass some baddies and for some reason I may be like 50 ft away and attacks still make their way to meet even arrows they pierce though obstacles I find that annoying