The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting seems to be leveling real slowly

Termon
Termon
So I have been messing around with 3 low level characters, and the first 2 got to level 3 crafting easily, while my newest character is taking forever. I do not sell things and always deconstruct but I only got 150 xp for making a level 1 shield in woodworking. To get from level 2 to level 3 takes 4000 xp. That's a lot of shields. Same with blacksmithing I have made a whole set of level 4 or 6 gear and am around half way through level 2. Seems like this just took affect. Could be a bug? My other 2 characters have around the same total experience but have not had issues leveling their crafting though I have done no crafting with them in the last 2 days.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    You get very little inspiration from deconstructing items that you make yourself. If you make something and then break it that is the slowest way to level.

Deconstruct items found in the world for a lot more XP. You also get a lot more XP for making and breaking higher level gear so avoid making and breaking a bunch of level one items.

You can also deconstruct items made by other people or characters for WAY more inspiration then you do for your own creations and again higher level gear gets more inspiration points.
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.