The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't Login - Even After Changing Password

tank2k1_kevb14_ESO
I can't login even after changing my password. It kept saying incorrect password. So I went and changed my password, twice now, and even after doing that it still says incorrect password. So I can't login to put game time on. Anyone else having this issue? : (
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's applicable here, but some services I've used allow you to choose a password on their website that is invalid to the game client. If you're using special characters, you can only use , and ' for ESO.

Other than that niche issue I'm clueless. I suggest you contact support for a better answer.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • tank2k1_kevb14_ESO
    @Sarenia I don't have any special characters. I don't know what the deal is.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, did you remember to put in your full access code for ESO, or are you still running of an early access code?

If you've still got the early access code it does say bad password when you go to log in, rather than "no money".
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • tank2k1_kevb14_ESO
    I entered my code a long time ago and I didn't get a new one in my email as far as I know.
  • tank2k1_kevb14_ESO
    My purchase was digital so I thought it was all automatic. After the purchase, I got an invite to the last beta but no other emails then early access started.
  • Goast5674
    Goast5674
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue...i cant even log in to the website to add a sub plan
  • tank2k1_kevb14_ESO
    Goast5674 wrote: »
    I am having the same issue...i cant even log in to the website to add a sub plan
    Finally, someone with my same issue.

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
    Send a ticket in there via e-mail.

If you need them faster, use the phone:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask?phone=1

But be aware they are probably _flooded_ with requests on both fronts right now. No doubt millions of people rushing to ESO for launch, and thousands calling/emailing daily.

My e-mail tickets typically get a response within 24 hours.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 7, 2014 12:51AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Goast5674
    Goast5674
    Soul Shriven
    I change my password 3 times now...put a ticket in for them to call me but god knows how long that will take
  • tank2k1_kevb14_ESO
    Sarenia wrote: »
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask
    Send a ticket in there via e-mail.

If you need them faster, use the phone:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask?phone=1

But be aware they are probably _flooded_ with requests on both fronts right now. No doubt millions of people rushing to ESO for launch, and thousands calling/emailing daily.

My e-mail tickets typically get a response within 24 hours.

Already did it.
    I change my password 3 times now...put a ticket in for them to call me but god knows how long that will take

I changed mine twice now, but yeah, I've done the same thing man.

Edited by tank2k1_kevb14_ESO on April 7, 2014 12:56AM
  • tank2k1_kevb14_ESO
    Hey, I found out the problem!
    Instead of entering your email address, you have to use your login name.
    Hope this helps people who are stuck!!!
  • Bane766
    Bane766
    Soul Shriven
    I'm pretty sure it's because you haven't set up a subscription yet. Make sure you have registered your game, then set up your subscription.

It's telling a lot of people that their account info is wrong...but it's because they haven't set up a subscription yet.
  • DalinarBlackthorn
    I had this issue this evening as well. I bought the digital collector's edition and I thought I'd be good. Nope, had to go to the site and set up a sub plan. Took 5 mins and I was good to go. Hope that helps.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you go to your account, and log in then go to BILLING HISTORY, from there you'll have a number of products, for me it was:

BETA Access
    Early Access
    Standard Edition
    Explorers Pack

All with their relative keys entered with a time stamp.

Some people are tripping over this as Early Access has finished and they haven't actually put in their actual GAME CODE yet. Once you've redeemed your game code, you'll come to the payment screen, paypal, credit card etc.

Took me about 5 minutes to do, and once done I could log in straight away.

Hope that helps you. ;)
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS