Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

making a healer

adlplumbingb16_ESO
hi I tried making a healer for pvp reasons, but can`t level it without help as quest are too hard, any advice on builds
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you can respec later on, focus on a hybrid build while leveling. Just enough healing to be useful to others, but enough soloing abilities while leveling to finish quests.

Throw on some heavy armor, if you are a Sorc grab more skills out of the other trees. This will be easier once you hit L15 and can have two setups. One for questing, one for group healing. Focus on the former until you are L15.
  • adlplumbingb16_ESO
    cheers
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    ok first off...if you are going the healer path you want to make sure you are using a restoration staff.

Also you will want at least one of the damage attacks, like that very first sun power.

The reason is so you can slot it into your skill bar.

Skill bar slotted skills all gain exp as you fight and gain exp.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi I tried making a healer for pvp reasons, but can`t level it without help as quest are too hard, any advice on builds

Restoration staff can be used to damage enemies(the left click light/heavy attacks works like any other weapon)

You can unlock the first healing skill in the resto staff line - then spend all your other skillpoints for damaging abilities. Its a fun an effective way to level.

I am running with a resto staff on my nightblade right now. I use it as a ranged weapon, and when the enemy gets close, i use nightblade skills to finish him off. And when the going gets tough, i drop a grand healing circle under my feet. Leveling is a breeze that way. 3 enemies at once 2-3 levels above me are no problem.
  • Usstan
    Usstan
    ✭✭
    If you need help to level as a Templar with Restoration Staff, then you're doing something wrong.

I started a new high-elf with just that combo yesterday and when I logged of in the evening I was level 10. I had no issues with any mobs I met, even taking on bears 1-2 levels higher.

Skill set at level 10:
    Slot 1: Sun fire: Slows down the mobs, fork into Reflective light
    Slot 2: Puncturing strikes. Your close fighting skill, fork into Puncturing Sweep
    Slot 3: Healing Springs: Area heals.
    Slot 4: Rushed Ceremony: Single target heals

Light armor passives for more Magicka and Restoration Staff passives for more heal and damage. Select the skills above in the order they're slotted and you should do fine.
    Edited by Usstan on April 7, 2014 9:39AM
  • adlplumbingb16_ESO
    I just tried it, managed to solo a boss, thanks just need to respect a little and think got a healer
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    I've been soloing very easily while focusing only on the resto staff skills and the crystal shard ability from the Sorcerer dark magic line, so people dont need a hybrid build to progress if they dont want to, full on healer is more than viable.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Yes unlike other games a healer in ESO isn't gimped and limited on what kind of damage they can also hand out. Add in the ability to weapon swap at 15 and you can do a nice resto staff healing load out in one and a combat loadout in the other.
  • Usstan
    Usstan
    ✭✭
    Also the passives in Restoration Staff is a must :wink: Forgot to mention that above
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Usstan wrote: »
    Also the passives in Restoration Staff is a must :wink: Forgot to mention that above

Playing as a traditional healer i think the light armor / resto staff combo is a must, due to all the mana management passives you get, and mana being at a premium, especially for templars, you cant go without that combo.

• Subana
    Subana
    Left_Hand wrote: »
    Playing as a traditional healer i think the light armor / resto staff combo is a must, due to all the mana management passives you get, and mana being at a premium, especially for templars, you cant go without that combo.

Why especially templars? Our healing skill tree is comparable to the mana requirements for the staff.
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭

make a DPS main and healer secondary ..... Yoiu will be fine.
    Edited by Rukur on April 7, 2014 7:18PM
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Light -and- Heavy armor wearing Orc Templar healer hybrid ( Can you say War Shaman? ) I found healing to be fairly easy and damage to be as good, if not greater, than my friend's 2-hander weilding, heavy-armor wearing Orc Templar. I've been switching out Resto and Destro staves and kind of straddling the line between pure healer and pure DPS for the level 15 weapon switch.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • adlplumbingb16_ESO
    nearly level 15, so it be case of healer spec, and healer dps spec
  • Izorpo
    Izorpo
    I am in the process of testing out healer aswell, and my choise fell on playing a sorcerer. I spent some points in Dark Magic (your first spell there upgraded is very useful and there are some nifty support/CC spells in Dark Magic aswell) and dumping the rest in Resto staff, racials and light armor. It has been painfree until now (she is 15 atm) and also more than capable to heal dungeons. If you want to look more in to races suitable, there are some races that can be more benefitial than others. Argonians with a racial in restoration staff is one. Or Bretons (as I play atm) is not bad either. Using light armor and spending points in these perks is very benefitial to your mana and manaregen aswell :)
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    equip 1 resto skill on your leveling bar so you level up the resto staff for when you need it.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Subana wrote: »
    Left_Hand wrote: »

Why especially templars? Our healing skill tree is comparable to the mana requirements for the staff.

Sorcerers can always resort to Dark Exchange as a mana battery, trading stamina for mana is an acceptable tradeoff and helps somewhat with the limited mana issues.

Templars on the other hand, the next best tool they have is probably Equilibrium, from the Mage Guild skills, which exchange health for mana, this might work well as your cast heals also heal you.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a level 14 healer. I'm a night blade argonian. I went down the siphoning skill line. I got the first ability that siphons health of an enemy and heals me over time. That my main attack my next 3 slots on my ability bar are healing abilities from the restoration staff. The 4th ability I have is from the siphoning skill line which roots all enemies in front of me. I have no problem with fighting things. I'm in a level 17-18 zone right now doing quests no problem. Good build. Eventually when i can I also plan on adding in some vamperism
  • Bweefk
    Bweefk
    ✭✭
    I only use the HoT from the resto staff line and i never run into mana problems in dungeons using my big Templar heals. i think people are seeing their stats getting overcharged and abandoning mana armor and skills. I keep stacking mana and mana regen way overcharged and i almost never run out of mana.