The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incorrect Password Plus Some

hoboonaparkbench
Much like many of the other individuals on this forum have conveyed, I tried to log in just now, about an hour after I logged in with no issues, and I am getting the same "Incorrect Password" BS. Now, after reading some other posts I gather that I have to set up my payment plan to access my 30 days of free time and that remedies the "Incorrect Password" error however, another *** bug comes into the mix: I can't even set up my ****ing payment plan because the website is garbage. Let me elaborate and throw in the excellent conversation I had with ESO's account support staff:

I went to submit my ESO Imperial Edition key yesterday and it wouldn't let me submit the game code without setting up my subscription plan, this in of itself is a completely BS system (having to set up payment to make use of free time that I paid $80 for) but I resided with biting my lip and went through the setup of my subscription only for the website to tell me that my billing address was invalid. I tried about 10 different variations of my address and then even went online to my credit card to copy everything verbatim (even so far as to try both 5 and 9 digit zip codes multiple times) and NOTHING worked. So I went to the ESO customer support link and it said there was an hour wait but I could enter my number and I'd be reached when someone was available. After waiting somewhere around 2 hours (mind you, I had already wasted an hour trying to set up my account info) I finally get a call from ESO and had to deal with probably the worst tech assistant I've yet to come across. Now, she was very cordial but was as dense and knowledgeable as a rock. She first asked me a series of questions about my account verification and then we got to the secret question and the conversation went as follows (not verbatim, but as best as I could remember):

"And what is your security question?"

"... Aren't you supposed to ask me the question...?"

"I'm sorry, I cannot reveal to you your security question."

"... The whole point of the security question is so I instantly know the answer only I would know, I'm not supposed to remember the question..."

"One moment please."

Later on in the call after I went to the ESO website to look up my security question myself:

"My issue has been that the website is telling me my billing information is incorrect."

"Okay, well I'm not seeing a game code connected to this account."

"I know this, it only accepts it after you enter billing information"

"Okay, well what is your game code"

<After ~5 minutes of telling her it as slowly as possible and fixing the errors she repeatedly makes as I spell out each syllable>

"Okay, I have connected your game code to your account."

"... Thank you, but that wasn't the issue I was having, the website was refusing my billing address"

"Did you make sure the information matched your credit card billing addr-"

"Yes, I checked it multiple times."

"Okay, and did you verify that you weren't using any abbreviations?"

"I tried both ways several times."

"Okay, and did you ensure that you entered the correct zip code"

"I tried both the 5 digit and the 9 digit zip code several times each"

"Okay, well you need to enter your 5 digit zi-"

"I tried both, neither worked'

"Okay, well I have exhausted the abilities of my department, I can submit your billing address to the accounts and billing department and they should call you back shortly."

Fast forward ~36 hours and I've yet to hear from the billing department on why the website is denying my billing address. However, I just started getting the "Incorrect password" issue and it seems I need to set up my subscription to log in, which I cannot do due to other bugs. And, to top it all off, the customer support site does not work so I cannot submit another call or even an e-mail to figure out whats up.

Long story short, this is utterly the worst experience I've had with any game and these compounding issues are making it less and less likely for me to even care to stay with this game if this is a sign of things to come. Fix your ****, ESO, this is pathetic.
  • gmgeneseo88
    Not sure if I am having the same issue. But I have tried 2 different credit cards. With both cards still get the same error
  • hoboonaparkbench
    Are you getting the fantastic password bug as well?
  • hoboonaparkbench
    One week later and I STILL have yet to get satisfactory customer support response in rectifying the issue with my inability to set up a game subscription. This is PATHETIC, Zenimax. At this point I just want a refund for the $80 I spent on your game that I haven't been able to play for over a week and reside to never doing business with your games studio again. I've been contacted by 4, count them, four, customer service staff members who have all said they've resolved, or are working to resolve, or have no clue what's going on and yet I've yet to hear back from the account reps over the phone, and e-mail correspondence has gotten me about as much.