Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Question on Templar Skill - Rune Focus

Raynekatt
Raynekatt
I am currently building my Templar healer and have read quite a bit about the various skills, but have a question still.

The skill Rune Focus states it creates an AREA of protection around the caster/self. Does it affect allies that stand in it?

Basically, wondering if I cast it and I am standing in the area and my tank is also in the area, will the tank gain the protection stats as well?

Best Answer

• Bushranger
    Bushranger
    Soul Shriven
    @Raynekatt the Templar skill Rune Focus is self protection only. It does not confer the same benefits to others who are also in the area.

The description of the skill talks about an AREA around the caster because once cast it stays in that area. If you leave that area you are no longer protected and if you return to that area before the spell ends you regain the benefits. The spell is self only however. I hope this answers your question.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Argonian_Pride
    Argonian_Pride
    Soul Shriven
    Bushranger wrote: »
    @Raynekatt the Templar skill Rune Focus is self protection only. It does not confer the same benefits to others who are also in the area.

The description of the skill talks about an AREA around the caster because once cast it stays in that area. If you leave that area you are no longer protected and if you return to that area before the spell ends you regain the benefits. The spell is self only however. I hope this answers your question.

Around how wide is the focus area?
    Options
  • chaosme
    chaosme
    ✭✭✭
    Around how wide is the focus area?

The focus covers a smaller area than circle of protection in the fighter's guild line which is a 5m radius. So probably around 3m radius?
    Options