Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

leeching strikes vs siphoning attacks

xxslam48xxb14_ESO
xxslam48xxb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
The tooltip for both says they restore 4% health, magicka, and stamina so whats the point of having leeching strikes? You get both perks with siphoning attacks unless the tooltip is just wrong. Has anyone tested to see if siphoning attacks really restores health?
I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
but my delight will last and you will respawn.
My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • omnomolyub17_ESO
    Siphoning strikes restores only magicka/stamina, whereas leeching adds the effect to also steal health. Both of these only effect normal attacks.

The other morph, can't remember it, adds the effect of restoring magicka/stamina (and only magicka/stamina) on ALL attacks, including skills and such.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its called siphoning attacks, the tooltip does say it restores health. You tested it though to see it doesnt? I would test it, but i just got leeching strikes.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Party_Chick
    I tested Siphoning Attacks and it does not restore 4% Health on basic attacks, which basically means I have to spend 10k gold for respecc because of an incorrect tooltip :/
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    You used ESOhead calculator for that, did you? It's apparently bugged - or just plain false - and shows the 2 morphs of the skill merged into one tool tip. Siphoning Attacks does NOT restore any health. Don't respec though. Siphoning Attacks is an awesome skill. Using this allows you to rebuild or keep up your mana and stam very fast. Someone on this forum said the 4% health you would get from Leeching Strikes are currently only 2%, the devs didn't change that over from the Beta. Trust me, for sustained dmg you want Siphoning Attacks. Instead of recovering that little bit of health, just use stealth/avoidance to not get dealt dmg altogether.
    Edited by GwaynLoki on April 15, 2014 4:17PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think for questing on vet leeching strikes has been working for me, but when it comes time for adventure zones and vet dungeons I will probably switch. It did seem like it wasnt healing the right amount. I mean I got a bunch of perks that increase healing recieved and it just didnt seem right. So is it supposed to be 4% or is the tooltip wrong? 2% is pretty underpowered with how much damage you can take in 1 hit from a boss. I guess if I ever got a half decent tank that actually taunts though the heal factor wouldnt be an issue.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on April 15, 2014 6:25PM