Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

DK Ardent Flame - Burning Embers skill

y-o-r-i-sb16_ESO
'Deals X Flame damage and Y Flame damage over 8.5 seconds. Heals for 34% of the damage inflicted when the effect ends.'

This is the morphed second ability in the Ardent Flame tree for DK's. If the affected enemy dies before 8.5 seconds are over, no healing takes place - this changes things when soloing dungeons or just having fun and pulling lots of mobs.

I feel as if the heal should proc for the same % of damage dealt by the ability until the target died even if the full duration didn't tick, as now you're being forced to not kill the target until the effect wears off if you need every bit of healing.

It's nowhere near a major issue for me as there are plenty of ways to sustain as a DK in AoE, and the fights where you do need to max out your sustain will last longer than 8.5 seconds, but if feels mechanically wrong that the ability can be wasted.
And I will face the sun with the pride of the living.
  • ernestndb14_ESO
    I second this, terribly annoying
    (but hey, many other classes morphs with similar effects are bugged and do not give anything once killing an enemy with the skill even though it should... maybe once they fix that, this will happen and this is actually not WAI and is a bug)
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Third. You have to be careful not to refresh the timer too soon with another BE or you will lose the heal as well. A second BE should force the heal to dump out where its at in addition to it dumping out if the mob dies before the timer.
    Edited by Armitas on April 7, 2014 2:30PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    would help a lot with tanking if this was added :) especially because when a mob dies the effect technically ends.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • tjvannevel_ESO
    wow glad I read this before I chose my morph skill line
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow glad I read this before I chose my morph skill line

They are fixing it in the next update to heal whenever a mob dies while under the effect...you won't get much healing out of it on normal mobs, but it will work as you would expect it to.
    Edited by Drachenfier on April 30, 2014 5:58PM