The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[Quest] Plague Bringer (Level 18 Deshaan quest)

• jerzey_gamer
    Pretty sure I completed this as an Ardent Flame DK with no issues that I can remember. It's possible I was a higher level than him when attempting, but I don't recall the difficulty standing out to me.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soloed as a NB vr2. Used a bow with venom arrow, impale, siphoning attacks, shadowy disguise and funnel health. Basically you keep away from him with the ample use of invisibility and pepper him with light attacks + venom arrows to interrupt any casts he might be able to pull off. Siphonig attacks will make sure you dont run out of mag/stam and funnel health makes sure you dont run out of HP. Once hes under 30%... impale the crap out of the ***. Loot :P
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on May 19, 2014 8:33PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • Brandonicus
    Brandonicus
    Soul Shriven
    Since this guy is absurdly impossible to kill, I found a workaround: on the left side of the room as you're coming in is a wagon. You can walk through between the wagon and the left wall but he can't (he has to go all the way around the wagon and a pillar). You basically pop out into the room, dot him up, and then go back behind the wagon 'till he comes around the pillar. Then dot him up again and go back to the other side of the wagon. Use a resto staff (even just a crap one) so you can recharge mana and it'll take forever but be doable.
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At VR7 he is a git... Wish my equivalent abilities hit as hard, going to try the wagon trick though :)
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am also finding it difficult to beat this guy on my DK character, I mean the guy has a stupid amount of health for a VR 2 zone, he has like 9,600 health or something... lol... like really? I beat him on my Sorc character when I came through here but that was after a few tries and then I just used Dark Magic but with my DK I am just not doing it. The closest I got was his health was at 20% once but then his hallcinuations surprised me and got me while my magicka was regenerating... heck I even dropped the Standard of Might, which is still a tad OP and it like maybe left a dent in the guy. I like challenges but wow, screw this.. just gonna move onto another quest lol.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on June 16, 2014 5:50AM
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my butt kicked by this guy at lvl's 18 and 20. Finally beat him (just BARELY, was down to literally a few HP) after buffing up on every food/potion/spell I could find, charging up my battle axe (which comes with a shield enchantment), and strafing, kiting, and every other trick in the book.

Can someone please explain to me why some lowly alchemist seems to be more powerful than any Daedric god in the game?
    Options
  • sr383
    sr383
    I bet nobody has done this fight more times than me. :\

I kept coming back to him every few levels, but the outcome was always the same.

Finally, as a Level 29 Dragonknight, I returned. I tried kiting with my destruction staff, but I kept getting tripped up on things, and his summoned creature would take me down from behind.

After losing at Level 29, I was mad. So I threw all strategy out the window. I switched to sword, ignored the other creature, and just wailed on the Alchemist with everything I had at close range: mostly Stonefist and Silver Bolts, along with ample sword slashes when Magicka ran low. I decided that I might go down, but the Alchemist was coming with me.

I finally finished him and then turned around and took care of the shadow creature, whom I'd been ignoring, to that point.

I never walked out of a dungeon feeling so good. :)
    Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After trying this many many times with my sword and board templar I gave up and levelled a sorcerer who promptly face rolled the bugger. Just sicced my Clannfear and my Storm Atronach on him and he was down in seconds.

Now, I gave up on my templar just after the biting jabs nerf (global 1.5 seconds cooldown on skills after using). I might try again now that nerf is gone.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • samueltannerb14_ESO
    This type of NPC and fight serves no purpose other than frustrate players, and causes people to give up on characters or the game itself.
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me why some lowly alchemist seems to be more powerful than any Daedric god in the game?

No. Or, yes, I could, but the answer would only be removed by the forum mods.
    Options
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm VR3 templar and put the quest aside for now after loosing more than ten times with various weapon/skill combinations. The recently introduced "automatic dungeon boss difficuly adjustment system" only seem to work on the main quest bosses.
    Halcyon Black
    Options