Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Most efficient skill line xp?

Axer
Axer
✭✭✭✭
Ok so the game doesn't use a use-based system, despite seemgly trying to trick you into thinking it does. It's all based on whats "equipped" (slotted on hotbars, on equiped on char)

My question is does it matter if you multiple skills from 1 tree for leveling it's main skill line? Does it get more xp with more slotted on the hotbar?

You'd think it would.. But my limited tested showed no... I tried two handed vs aedric spear, and one leveled faster then the other regardless of how many I slotted for each (as long as I had 1 of each). I tested it a few times and it was consistant, but maybe there was another factor throwing it off.

Can even slot things you cant use and level them. (EG: sword and board skill while only using a two hander)
Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, skill lines do level faster with more from a certain line equipped.

Weapon skills will further level faster if you have both the skilline's skills equipped as well as the weapons for it, but not having both would be counter-productive really as you need have the weapons equipped to use the abilities in most cases (maybe even all, but im not certain enough to say that).

There were a few of us (probably more than some of us thought) that tested this and found it to be true. If I could find the link of the math someone had posted, I would.

If you have a bar loaded with Assassin abilites, the Assassin skill line will level faster than it would if you had one Assassin ability slotted. I suppose it's possible they changed this and I didn't notice. I guess i haven't had a reason to check it since live as I haven't noticed a difference.
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.