Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's required of me to use 'Petty Glyph of ____'? (Enchanting)

Nnaver
Nnaver
Just wondering what I have to be proficient in / level requirements blah blah.
I'm level 10 and I'm not sure how to use it.
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at the tooltip for your Petty Glyph. In the top-left, it will have a description; one of:

Weapon Glyph
    Armor Glyph
    Jewelry Glyph

Under the major description, you'll see "Can only be applied to an item between levels 10 and 20."

To use the glyph, you need a piece of equipment of the desired type and level which is not already enchanted. Right-click on that equipment, and you'll see a context menu including an option for "Enchant". Choose that option, and you should see your glyph listed in the list of enchantments to apply.

That's it -- no skill requirements needed. The Enchanting skills are necessary to create glyphs, not to use them.
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    To add to that: some already enchanted pieces can have their enchantment replaced.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • Nnaver
    Nnaver
    Thanks guys! My problem was just that it was bright red and it looked like I couldn't use it, but when I brought up the enchanting screen I could, so I my problem was just me being dumb herp.

Thanks for the responses!
  • eternaltorment
    Blackhorne wrote: »
    Look at the tooltip for your Petty Glyph. In the top-left, it will have a description; one of:

Weapon Glyph
    Armor Glyph
    Jewelry Glyph

Under the major description, you'll see "Can only be applied to an item between levels 10 and 20."

Is it the item level or the character level that matters? My character is level 13 but the items I'm trying to enchant are level 8. And it tells me "You do not have any enchantments that can be applied to this item".
    Ryzen 7 3700X 3.60 - 4.40 GHz
    Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4
    GALAX GeForce RTX 2080 OC 8GB
    SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital
    Stadium USBPRO
    AOC Agon AG271QX 144Hz (1ms)
    LG Flatron W2261VP (2ms)
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB
    Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB
    Samsung 850 ProSeries SSD 512GB
    Samsung 840 ProSeries SSD 256GB
    WD Black SATA 1TB
    WD Black SATA 1TB
    WD Green SATA 1TB
    Pioneer 206BK Blu ray burner
    LG SATA 18x DVDRW
    Corsair RM 750x 750Watt PSU
    Noctua NH-U12A
    Cooler Master CM 590 III
    Razer Goliathus Control Mouse Pad
    Cyborg R.A.T. 8+
    Roccat VULCAN 80 Mechanical with Brown Titan Switches
    Win10 x64
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackhorne wrote: »

Weapon Glyph
    Armor Glyph
    Jewelry Glyph

Is it the item level or the character level that matters? My character is level 13 but the items I'm trying to enchant are level 8. And it tells me "You do not have any enchantments that can be applied to this item".

It's the item level.