The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clothing - seems to lvl very slowly

merk
merk
✭✭
Is there some reason why clothing seems to go up so slowly? At least compared to provisioning. I created some lvl 5 items in provisioning - and gained two levels in that crafting. I only made a couple of them.

Later i made 3 lvl 10 clothing items and my crafting bar only filled in very slightly for each one. Provisioning filled in at least 10x as much for each item, if not more. This was done with my clothing skill at lvl 3. Provisioning was at lvl 5 when i was making the lvl 5 food items.
Edited by merk on April 6, 2014 9:45AM
  • voluntaryskillseb17_ESO
    As far as I can tell the majority of my clothing levelling has come from deconstructing items. As I don't think that option exists for provisioning most of the levelling is made up by crafting food and drinks. I was in the same boat as you and wondering why my clothing was going so slow and someone mentioned deconstructing everything that drops and it works much better now. Also don't deconstruct items you've made - they don't add much to your level.
  • merk
    merk
    ✭✭
    ok - i've generally been selling all the white clothing items i get as i have plenty of jute. I'll try deconstructing them and see what home much i get out of that.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deconstructing items that other players have crafted apparently give 3 times more inspiration than deconstructing the items you have crafted yourself. So try to find a friend to skill up with.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU