Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Resource Node Exploit or Bug?

KerinKor
KerinKor
✭✭✭✭✭
Several times now I have tried to farm a node (ore or plant) and had the message that the node is already in use .. but there's no one around, and shortly afterwards it disappears just like it's been farmed.

Is this a 'layer' bug or is this game infested with 'invisibots' like FFXIV and other games?
Edited by KerinKor on April 6, 2014 7:52AM
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    Something to do with phasing.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're in an area where, depending how far you are in the quest chain, the area looks different to the various players in that area. For example, you won't see other players who are at a different quest "stage" of the area. They still see the mobs that you no longer do since you ended the quest there. One of those "phased" players mined the node.
    Edited by Coggage on April 6, 2014 8:39AM
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    That's not all, wait untill you see a locked treasure chest disappearing in front of ya... :#
    " Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe, I've had chests disappear too. :(

Thanks for that, I didn't realise nodes weren't phased, kind of a PITA that.