Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Subtitles

fishmakerb16_ESO
fishmakerb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
This was mentioned in off hand ways but not really fully appreciated. I have deaf friends who play games with me online. Sound has always been an issue for them but with subtitles it makes it more immersive.

I realize the NPCS have subtitles, and there are mods out there that help with that regard. But Im taking about the action sequences that you have to watch unfold before the quest advances. None of these sequences have subtitles at all. It would be very confusing to a deaf person to understand what to do. I played a quest for the Undaunted where I was initiated into their "club", and my volume was off. LOL I couldnt figure out what to do next because I couldnt hear them sing their song.

I know there are other deaf players out there. I expect this to be a fairly straight forward and welcome addition for everyone. Please consider this sooner rather than later. This Game is well polished. Congratulations Bethesda/Zenimax.

PS I always liked word bubbles too.. :)
  • QueenCandy
    QueenCandy
    ✭✭
    I'm not hearing impaired but I wondered why on earth there are no subtitles! I thought of the deaf players and felt sorry for them. C'mon Zenimax
    Asus Republic of Gaming G46VW laptop
    i5 2.5--2.9 GHZ
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
    8 gigs Ram
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hit enter, click on the tools icon(gear) in the upper right corner of the chat screen, click on options, put check mark in front of the NPC category, which is off by default. that will activate a lot of the subtitle content.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely need subtitles. I hear fine, but a lot of times the npc accents or other noise can make it difficult to understand what they're saying. I typically play games with subtitles on for that reason alone.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are off by default, not easy to find, but you can access them in the chat window.
  • fishmakerb16_ESO
    fishmakerb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Not everything is subtitled. Thats the point of this thread. Do eet.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know. There are a couple of add ons that add some of that in.
  • fishmakerb16_ESO
    fishmakerb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I downloaded Minion 2 for Addons, since Curse cant be bothered to support the game yet. Complete morons those guys are. Like they didnt have enough time to figure out ES is one of the biggest creators of fan based mods. Anyway Its actually quite comprehensive. If they make a mod for those cut scenes Ill post the link.
  • Mykeo34
    Mykeo34
    Soul Shriven
    I hope bubble chatting can add this game. It will be easy to read where NPC or Players stand over there. I'm deaf and need it. :neutral_face:
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started playing I wondered if ZOS had included subtitles for the npc voiceovers not already included in the quests voiceovers. Then I downloaded Wykkyd's Framework. The display subtitles feature is hidden in the addon settings.