Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Leap

icanhazfacemelt
So I made the mistake of speccing into Dragon Leap without reading it thoroughly. After many failed attempts, I realised that the range is 8-20 meter. It's a hell of a cool, fun and effective skill... IF you are at least 8 meters away from your opponent.

But DK is a in your face melee class. And 8 meters in more than 1 barrel roll away.

So I'm just trying to make sense of this skill and any possible uses?
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of taking your enemies to you, YOU TAKE YOURSELF TO THE ENEMY.
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like any of the charge or teleport to target abilities - it is intended to get you into melee range quickly so that you can beat your target to a bloody pulp. A lot of ranged enemies will try to stay at range, making it hard for you to hit them with a melee weapon, that's where dragon leap/charge abilities come in handy.

Also, you should have a few knockback-style abilities in the dragonknight trees, which will allow you to knockback the enemy and then use leap to deal damage.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • icanhazfacemelt
    Having used it a bit more, it is one seriously cool skill! Dat leap!!!!

But too specific (someone has to tank a group of mobs then you backpedal and leap in for a big splash). I was hoping for it to be a more useful offensive ability, especially in pvp.
  • Aethiopeia
    Aethiopeia
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly that leap is the least worthy as an ultimate compared to the other 2 ultimates dks get to offer.

That being said, if you had fun with it, why not?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else having Dragon leap fail to go off due to an enemy being immune to knock back?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was bugged also, which is how I found this thread--kept pounding R not realizing it was ranged...gonna relog and try it. Thanks for posting.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends