Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Drain Essence

Asuna_Meow
Asuna_Meow
✭✭✭
I thought i'd give some feedback on this ability... it's an awesome ability i'll give it that, but one major problem with it is. it doesn't work on boss level mobs, I can understand the stun not working but the damage part should work on all mobs no matter what. but I keep getting the message "Mob to powerful for this affect" so the stun part of the ability is blocking me from using it on certain mobs mostly bosses in dungeons, and some other mobs :(
Meow
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asuna_Meow wrote: »
    I thought i'd give some feedback on this ability... it's an awesome ability i'll give it that, but one major problem with it is. it doesn't work on boss level mobs, I can understand the stun not working but the damage part should work on all mobs no matter what. but I keep getting the message "Mob to powerful for this affect" so the stun part of the ability is blocking me from using it on certain mobs mostly bosses in dungeons, and some other mobs :(

I find the same. ONE time I was diligent enough to swap my skills out before a fight to suit better (I also use Blood Craze on my Dual Wield skill and a lot of times things are immune to the bleed)...but then I forgot to switch after-ward >.<

So yeah it's all about like remembering to micromanage your skills or use the alternate skill bar as the same thing but with one or two differences I guess. Too bad I can't use the same weapons for both skill bars.....
  • Asuna_Meow
    Asuna_Meow
    ✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »

I find the same. ONE time I was diligent enough to swap my skills out before a fight to suit better (I also use Blood Craze on my Dual Wield skill and a lot of times things are immune to the bleed)...but then I forgot to switch after-ward >.<

So yeah it's all about like remembering to micromanage your skills or use the alternate skill bar as the same thing but with one or two differences I guess. Too bad I can't use the same weapons for both skill bars.....

You can use the same weapon for both skill bars... you just have to make sure you have two of the same type of weapon :(

Meow
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭

You can use the same weapon for both skill bars... you just have to make sure you have two of the same type of weapon :(

>_> Guess I best get crafting mm?

• Asuna_Meow
    Asuna_Meow
    ✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »

>_> Guess I best get crafting mm?

that's what i do :/ I run both my weapon slots as 2handed :D
    Meow
  • Asuna_Meow
    Asuna_Meow
    ✭✭✭
    I just htink they need to change the ability to work on all even if the stun doesn't work :/
    Meow
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, the drain part should work, as it stands I have a useless ability on my bar when it comes to fighting bosses.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    Drain essence needs some sort of rework, i do agree. First of all it's unusable on bosses, ok make them immune to stun but keep the damage and heal. 2nd it's only usable 1 per mob, per fight, which is also, bad, should give a reasonably long cooldown but make it usable more than once on an enemy, or make it give a weakness debuff for the rest of the encounter, uncurable. The weakness debuff is justified easily, if drain essence can only work once per mob/player (in pvp) than it needs to have weakness debuff since you drain blood and with lack of blood body feels weak and reaction slows, so it would be fair to add some sort of debuff that would last for the whole encounter.
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think unless drain essence is not viably fixed, once i level vamperism to the max, i will abandon drain essence for some thing better and more consistent rather than wasting such a valuable active ability slot.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    I recently acquired vampirism and i noticed that i can't use the drain on boss level mobs in the game , this needs to change , leave the damage and the heal and make the boss immune to the stun
    Also have to agree with Klimarov , we the skill should have some sort of cooldown, but we should be allowed to use it multiple times , for example instead of an actual timer , since the game developers did not create spells with timers , it should give the mob/player a buff just like you get after you break a CC , for a short time you can't be CCed again
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    Since zenimax desided to cater to mmo players they will have to adjust many things. Drain essence will either become useless as 50 or they rework it into some thing more consistent. Personally i counted, if they keep drain essence as is, considering we only have 5 active slots, at level 50 there will be much better and more reliable abilities than one time per enemy drain essence. Same applies to WW ultimate, they will either drop the cost or drop it with a light nerf, else the WW ultimate is quiet useless.

Well for WW ultimate they can make that every night WW turn into a wolf like it or not with previlages and disadvantages, this idea i like more rather then forcing to use ultimate which people will never get to use pn PVP and berely use in PVE.
    Edited by Klimarov on April 10, 2014 2:34AM
  • tourerttrwb17_ESO
    tourerttrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How is drain essence useless? I dont understand. Me and my wife use it as duo very often. (we are both VR3 and doing VR4 zone atm).
    Scenario against one mob (non boss, ofcourse) - she starts drain essence, i do 1 damage spell, when she is about to finish draining the mob, i start it, meanwhile she does one damage spell. That is it. Mob is dead withought even hitting us once. We duo groups of mobs up to 5-6 in public dungeon using drain all the time. I find it pretty useful against non named mobs. But hey, most of the stuff in the world non named, correct?
    PC-NA @Eon-King
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ironically enough, sneak feeding is the only way to stun humanoid bosses.

To clarify, the stun from the passive still doesn't work after feeding, but during the feeding animation, the boss is stunned and unable to act.
    Edited by stimpy986b14_ESO on May 13, 2014 8:00AM