The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group Dungeon SEVERE Latency

ghoxenrwb17_ESO
Although I'm an Oceanic player, I have not experienced much detectable latency in the wild and in public dungeons. However, for whatever reason I'm experiencing SEVERE unplayable latency in group dungeons.

Whenever I'm fighting a large group of enemies (5-10) in groups dungeons, my latency would immediately spike to somewhere between 3000-5000 ms, estimated based on how long characters would freeze in place, or how long I would cast an ability after inputting the command. On the other hand, boss fights tend to be significantly better in terms of latency, unless the boss spawns adds at some point. The latency would immediately return to normal after all/most of the adds die.

Thus far, my latency had been at its worst in Banished Cells, and I fared better in Spindleclutch and Fungal Grotto. I'm always the tank of the group, if that's of any relevance. Further, this is clearly an issue of latency and not lag, since my framerate remains well above 50 in even the largest pulls with the fanciest AoEs while all my settings are maxed.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? What seems to be the cause, and is there some way to ameliorate this?