Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My movement slowed down

DEAD1974
DEAD1974
Soul Shriven
Hi,

This night I first time noticed a situation that my character started to move so slowly and even I was trying to run or ride a horse, all the moves are like in a slow motion movie. But the other players are running like wind. I tried also changed to my other character and with that it was normal. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?
  • Nikolas
    Nikolas
    ✭✭✭
    Same happened to me... I died and everything was fixed :wink:
  • Finagill
    Finagill
    Last night I noticed severe lag. I noticed it this afternoon as well. In the mornings and early this afternoon everything was running smoooth. I think it has to do with server being overloaded. I'm not sure why one character was normal and the other lagged though.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my guildies had the same issue today as well.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    after re loading my ui a few times and logging in and out i got rid of that, but i agree it was annoying.
  • DEAD1974
    DEAD1974
    Soul Shriven
    thanks for reply, the solution how to fix it = you must die and than the pace become to normal (however I must restart the game as the sounds of movement were missing after the suicide)
  • Sakura_Rose
    You can either try /reloadui or /stuck to fix the problem. I read something about people being slowed earlier and /stuck fixed their problem.
    Sakura Rose - Imperial Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Trying to be helpful as much as I can. ^-^
  • Circadian
    Circadian
    Soul Shriven
    Happened to me today too. at first I couldn't use my abilities and died, after death my movement speed was reduced to a crawl. None of the mentioned remedies seemed to work. I tried to toggle walk/run to make sure that wasn't the case but that only made me even slower. Tried /stuck, reloading the UI and relogging but nothing so I gave up. Hours later I logged back in and it was back to normal. Wish I knew what the real fix is for this (or better, for it to be fixed all together).
  • CodingSquirrel
    There is a walk/run toggle, are you sure you're not hitting that? I don't remember what it defaults to (or even if it's given a keybind by default).

Edit: Nevermind, I just read @Circadian‌'s post a bit more thoroughly and he already tried that.
    Edited by CodingSquirrel on April 7, 2014 8:10PM
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    The same did h
    DEAD1974 wrote: »
    Hi,

This night I first time noticed a situation that my character started to move so slowly and even I was trying to run or ride a horse, all the moves are like in a slow motion movie. But the other players are running like wind. I tried also changed to my other character and with that it was normal. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

This did happen to me aswell.

And it started like this:

* got attacked by an npc and could not fight back, I could do nothing suddenly.
    * died
    * suddenly I could move only very slow and even more slow with the run/walk toggle.
    * /stuck, dying from mobs did not help aswell a short time logout

What did help was to logout and waiting for some minutes before you login again.
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style