Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Quick question about weapon swap at level 15

mojo0070
mojo0070
Soul Shriven
Hi All

Ive been eagerly awaiting level 15 on my templar so i can start training my resto staff skills. However i think i have been mistaken as to how this works :(

I thought that as long as my staff was equipped on my character sheet, even if i never switched to it for a while, that i would start gaining levels in it.

Now its here, i can see that im only gaining staff xp when im actually casting spells or auto attack with the staff, so ive now got to go around just killing things that gain xp with the staff auto attack.

Is this right?

thanks all
  • Vodkaphile
    Vodkaphile
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell, you only gain XP for whatever is currently equipped/on your bar when you perform an action that gains XP.

However, a nice way to level up those underleveled weapons / abilities is to switch to your low weapon and low abilities before handing in to complete a quest.
    Edited by Vodkaphile on April 5, 2014 10:42PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vodkaphile wrote: »
    However, a nice way to level up those underleveled weapons / abilities is to switch to your low weapon and low abilities before handing in to complete a quest.

This would seem to be the most effective way of getting past the early levels of a new weapon.